Chapter 20

~ Of course life is a bitch, if it was a slut it would be easy.

"She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance perhaps, or maybe quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps... Something simple as not being second." Harry read to me over the phone.

I was currently on my way to New York. Thank God that I could convince Rosie to take a break from work in London to come here with me. We were about to get on the airplane in maybe about half an hour. I was calling Harry since I wouldn't have time later in the day. And it had to be by call and not face time since I've been moving around all morning.

"The Notebook, such a classic. I like it." I praised.

"How'd you know it was the Notebook?" Harry asked with a hint of amusement.

"I've like read the book millions of times and watched the movie as well." I said.

"Haha yea, it's a great book and movie. How are you and Rosie holding up?" He asked.

"Good, I'm used to traveling but Rosie isn't used to be up so early. She's a bit grouchy, but I got her busy watching a film. Any way I should hang up, my plane will be called any minute. I'll call you as soon as I get over jet leg." I said.

"Okay bye love."

"Bye Harry." I hung up my phone, I turned to see Rosie really in to the movie. I believe it was a Channing Tatum movie. I knew that would keep her busy for some time. I took a seat next to her, she paused the movie and turned to look at me.

"Hey." She said yawning a bit.

"Hey, thanks for coming. It means a lot." I said.

"No problem, what kind of friend would I be if I let you come alone to see your parents. I'm here for support. AND I get to sight see New York and California it doesn't get any better then this. I never travel, and I'll be going to America for the first time. I'm so excited." She gushed.

"Well I'm happy you're happy." Then an idea popped in to my head.

"How would you like to go to Mexico next month?" I asked, me and Zayn usually went on the first month summer but he would be in Greece this time so maybe she'd like to go.

"Mexico!!! Really? I would love too. Yes definitely." She practically shouted, suddenly she seemed more awake. I nodded my head yes, she enfolded me in a hug repeating thank you's.

"New York, California and now Mexico. This is gonna be so much fun." Rosie exclaimed, she slugged back in her chair and began to daze off in to her head.

I pulled out my tablet and started to look at my schedule for New York, we'd be there for three days. And I would be kept busy.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a huge fashion company, to see if I could also participate in Fashion week, which would be awesome. The next day after that, I have an interview on Good Morning America, I feel like crying over that. I never thought I'd make it that far, but yet here I am. And on the last day, I'll be going to give a quick speech at a fashion school to upcoming designers. Busy week, but at least it would keep my mind of my family in California.

"Flight 16 ready to board." The voice announced.

"That's us, let's do this." Rosie said.

*********************

The flight totally drained me, while on the other hand Rosie was like a child in a candy store. As soon as we stepped out the airport. While me? Well I wanted to just check in to our hotel and sleep. Rosie was ready to see everything she could. She was ready to shop in Times Square, go to the Toys R Us store and ride the Ferris wheel they had. She was ready to explore, it made me smile but didn't take away the tiredness.

"Rosie, you can do all of that tomorrow, trust me you'll have time. For now let's go check in to our hotel and rest." I told her pulling on her arm. I lead her to a car that was already waiting for us.

"Good evening Ms. Hernandez. How was your flight." The driver asked as he put our luggage in the back.

"Good evening, our flight was good." I said, he opened the doors for me and Rosie and we hopped in.

This was my third time in New York, it always took my breath always. The city lights, the tall sky scrapers, all the shops and everything was just so pretty. Of course the over flow of people kinda scared you off but overall it was a very nice place.

"Wow." Rosie awed in wonder, her brown eyes would grow big as she took in all that she could. Probably making mental notes of the places she would want to stop by.

"Nice right?" I asked her, she nodded her head eagerly as she stared out the window.

We arrived at our hotel five minutes later, we checked in and quickly settled in. Our suit had a great view of the New York City view. All the tall building and blinding lights. It seemed that most cities came alive during the night time, instead of the actual day time.

"I'm going to order something for is to eat." Rosie said, she scurried off somewhere. I sat down on the chair outside on the balcony. The stars were shining very brightly tonight. I couldn't help but wonder if Harry was looking at the sky right now, I'm pretty sure that it might be barely noon over there. Or Zayn, I wonder what he's up to.

I had to admit I did miss the endless sounds a city like New York has to offer. The cars, the people, the small sounds I couldn't make out to be.

And the accents, the American accents. I missed them. I'm still not used to all these European accents, I barely understand most of the things they say. But now that I'm back in America I feel at ease. Paris will always be home, but I did start of here in the U.S, it was my first home.

"Hey." Rosie whispered as she sat next to me on the other chair.

"Hey." I whispered back, we sat in silence for a while. Just listening to the sounds.

"Do you mind reading me one of Christopher Poindexter's writings. I've heard he has lovely writings. I over heard the ones you told Harry." Rosie asked, I smiled upon her request. Christopher Poindexter was one of my favorite writers. The way he used his words was art written on paper. I reached in to my hand bag, I pulled out my brown leather worn out journal and searched for a good one.

"Oh here's a good one." I said as I chose one.

"If darkness is not really darkness, but whether the absence of light, then my flaws are not really flaws at all, but rather, the absence of you." I spoke out loud.

"Oh that one is nice. His words hold such a deep meaning." She said, her words made me think of Zayn. He was like Christopher Poindexter, but except of using words Zayn used art, it took you a while to figure out what he was trying to say, but after staring hard you got the point of his art, just like Christopher.

"Another one. One more please." Rosie pleaded. I quickly flipped through the pages in search for another one.

"The thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces out hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent." I read.

"Oh I get this one. He means even though we prefer calmness, we also crave this sense of chaos or excitement that makes out hearts beat faster, we crave that type of rush. It makes life more exciting to live. Am I correct?" Rosie asked.

"Yup, on point. What fun would life be, if we went on doing what we were told, sometimes it's the thrill and the knowing that we did the wrong thing that excites us. Because sometimes that one rule you broke can lead you to something amazing."