Chapter 22

~Take a deep breath and enjoy your life

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I breathed out as I stood with Rosie in my dressing room. In GOOD MORNING AMERICA. I can't even breath right now. I have no clue what kind of questions they will ask me, and I have no clue how I will answer them. To say I was freaking out was an understatement.

"Calm down, you'll do alright." Rosie said trying to calm me down. I tried to control my heart beat, my heart felt like it would explode.

"You'll do fine okay." She said, I nodded trying to believe in her words. I paced back and forth in the room. I can do this. I'll be fine as long as I don't trip and fall, and say something stupid. I can do that. Right?

"Belinda, you're on in less then a minute, follow me." The lady with the ear piece said, Rosie wished me one more good luck and I followed her.

I'm about to be on national tv. Oh God.

"Now to introduce fashions new face, Belinda Hernandez." The lady announced, I haven't seen the show since I left America, but I was a huge fan. She was a new host I guess, she was younger and I've never see her before. The lady gave me a little push since I wasn't making any attempts on moving forward. I quickly composed myself and walked up to her. A smile on my face. I sat down next to her and another man, also one I haven't seen yet, he seemed around his 30's.

"Nice to meet you Belinda." She said, I shook both their hands.

"The pleasure is all mine. Thank you so much for having me on the show." I said, meaning it. I have no clue why they'd even consider having me, but maybe my designs were a bigger then I knew.

"No problem. The pleasure is ours. I think everyone here and across the world can say that you sure can design one hell of a fashion line. Please explain the inspiration and story behind those designs." She questioned.

"Oh the inspiration. Well me and a very close friend, he's an artist. We like to travel around and we decided to go to Mexico. As you probably noticed, I used much of an Aztec pattern on my clothes, which were inspired by the Aztec art in Mexico." I answered.

"Aww yes Mexico, you're Mexican right?" The guy spoke up.

"Yea I'm Mexican American."

"Single? Yes or no?" The guy asked jokefully, I couldn't help but laugh a little. Was I single? If Harry is watching this, how does he want me to answer this. That I'm taken or that I am single. Or maybe that it's complicated. The last choice seems reasonable to me.

"Ummm it's complicated." I simply answered. They both laughed at my answer, probably not believing or maybe it was because it was like one of the most used line on tv.

"Who's the lucky guy?" He asked.

"Is he watching this?" The girl questioned, wow these people like a good story.

"He might be watching and I'd like to keep him my little secret." I answered, trying my best to not give a lot away.

"Secretive girl you are. Okay so what's next for you?" She asked.

"Ummm I do have a few projects coming up. I'll be in that states for the rest of the week. I'll go home in Paris and then I'll come back for a longer period, I'll be traveling quiet a bit."

********************

The interview went on for twenty minutes more before I was finished. Lucky for me they didn't ask any other personal questions.

"You did great love." Rosie praised as I stepped back in my dressing room.

"Thanks, I was pretty nervous." I said.

"Yea and I'm guessing you and Harry are complicated huh?" She questioned smirking.

"You caught on to that I see." I said sighing and sitting down. "I have not a clue what me and him are. But it didn't feel right to say I'm single. But I don't know if we're together so the word complicated felt more correct. I don't know." I said feeling more confused then ever. Rosie laughed a little.

"My little Bel is falling in love." Rosie said, I glared at her and threw a couch pillow at her face. Successfully doing so.

"Please don't even go there." I groaned. "Now please let's actually spend some time together in New York. Where do you want to go?" I asked Rosie.

"Hmmm let's just find a Starbucks and have a little treat." She suggested, I nodded and we left the studio.

As usual the New York streets were busy with people. It was hard to guide ourselves through the thick sea of people but we managed.

"Finally." Rosie sighed as we found a Starbucks shop. We ordered and sat down.

"New York is just awesome. I can't wait to see California, LA all the way." Rosie cheered as she drank her frappachino. At least one of us was excited for California. I have one more day here and then I have to face my parents and sister again. Until now I haven't thought about them. But in less then 48 hours we'd be face to face.

"You'll love it there. I did. But I don't know for some reason Paris was calling my name." I told her.

"Tell me about it, about LA and your family." Rosie asked sounding very interesting.

"Well it's hot, very hot. LA is sorta like New York, maybe not as crowded like it is here but very close to it. The shopping and clothing is great, celebrities are everywhere on the streets." I explained.

"No silly tell me about your family, it's about time to tell me them and I know nothing about them." Rosie said. I paused for a minute not sure on what to actually tell her. My family. Do I tell her. The truth or a lie? Well she'll meet them soon so I better go with the truth instead. Where do I start?

"I have a younger sister, her name is Isadora. She's um well last I was with her she was just entering her teen years. She's around 16 now, so she's in that bratty state right now. You know all cranky and moody. She was always in to fashion and very high class and snobby if you ask me. I love her but she's just not my cup of tea or shot of tequila." I said, Rosie laughed a little.

"My mom well she's always been very strict and things had to be done her way. A major reason of why I left my family. My life always had to go according to her, I couldn't live like that. I was never to mingle with people of a different class from us. She really made me angry sometimes. She was just so perfect and I was just so not." I said signing, the more I spoke the more I was convinced that I was not ready to meet them.

"My father, well he was a bit more laid back. I was always a daddy's girl. But as much as I did love him, my father was too obsessed with me taking his place in office for his company. And I had to marry who ever he chose. I felt like my parents were making every decision in my life. I began to feel trapped in and controlled like a puppet. Me and my father were close and we would have sports weekends and go watch futbol games. I guess I do miss him a little bit." I said, my biggest fear was that maybe nothing has changed with them. And that I'll never have that feeling of knowing that I made my parents proud of me.