Chapter 7

"Mrrt?" tussle, tussle, the sound of fabric moving on the bed next to you stirred you. "Mrow?" more fighting with fabric. You looked over and saw a small shape squirming under the blanket you had draped over Loki in the middle of the night. "Mrow!" came the indignant cat when you laughed at his adorable attempts to get out from under the now way too big blanket.

"Sorry! Sorry!" you told him as you sat up and rescued him from the blanket. "You looked cold last night," you explained when he grumped at you. "I don't know how you got all the way under the blanket, I surely didn't put you there," your added though he'd stopped grumbling since it was obvious he was under the blanket because you had cared about him. "I think Cap is making your other favorite for breakfast," you told him with a smirk, knowing that would cheer him up the rest of the way. His ears perked up and he nyoomed from the room. You were laughing as you followed him at a much more sedate pace.

"Lady Y/N, is this not the dance hall we were at on Friday?" Thor asked, gesturing to the news that was playing on a display in the dining room when you had made it downstairs. You took a plate of french toast from Cap and turned your attention to the display that someone had made to take up a large chunk of one of the dining room walls.

"So far there have been six confirmed cases of this mysterious illness. All six men were at Mirage Nightclub on Friday night. The CDC is recommending that anyone who came into contact with these men or were at Mirage on Friday night be tested for possible contamination. If you were at Mirage on Friday and notice any sudden onset or nausea, fever, confusion, diarrhea or coughing seek medical help immediately. This illness comes on sudden and severely, don't take any chances-" the news anchor was saying. You stared at the pictures they displayed on the screen. You grabbed the images off of the Jarvis display and threw them up on another wall.

"Y/N?" Cap asked while you stared.

"Are you contaminated?" Tony asked, looking like he was going to throw you in quarantine.

"What do you know?" Clint asked, more curious than anything else.

"Those are the men Thor rescued me from on Friday," you told them all. You pointed to one. "That's Neil, the guy who Pepper set me up with,"

"Shit! You're contaminated?!" Tony asked. You glanced at Loki who was too innocently eating his french toast.

"I... don't think that will be a problem. It's hard for me to get sick," you added quickly before they could ask why you wouldn't be contaminated. Cap and Tony didn't look convinced and Thor looked at the too-innocent Loki, who had magic and who you knew had been at the club checking up on you. You had a strong suspicion he had been involved in this mysterious 'illness', which was sounding more and more like poisoning the longer the news person spoke.

"Oh, Thor, I forgot to show you this," you changed the subject as Tony removed the displays from the wall. You dug in your pocket and pulled out your phone as you got up and went to where Thor was. With your back to Loki, you held a finger to your lips, then showed Thor the picture you had taken in the middle of the night of the mostly human Loki. It was a really adorable picture. You were tempted to print it out and frame it yourself, once Loki actually turned back human. Thor's eyes lit up.

"That is excellent news indeed!" he exclaimed, unable to help himself.

"Mrow?" Loki asked, coming over to see what you were up to. You closed the picture quickly and pulled up one on Facebook of one of your friends and her new boyfriend.

You showed the picture to Loki. "Sabrina finally found a nice wizard to date," you told him. He looked disappointed, expecting juicier gossip. "Maybe you can meet her sometime," you told him and scratched behind his ears.