Chapter 15

When you woke, you expected to find Loki sleeping propped against the pillows having fallen asleep while reading, or maybe with his back to you, curled adorably. Instead, you had apparently rolled over in your sleep, he was at your back, curled protectively around you, purring softly as he slept, a very happy protective big spoon. Your head was pillowed on his arm, his other arm around your waist. Even his tail was curled over you, draped across your legs. You didn't want to wake him, he was so peaceful and adorable, and you felt so safe and happy with him guarding your back.

But it was morning and there were things to do. Especially when you alarm started blaring, ruining the moment. Loki jumped awake as you reached over him to shut off the alarm. "Sorry, Lokitty," you told him gently. He sat up, flushed when he'd realized that you'd slept cuddling, how...scandelous. You laughed at his awkward, shy reaction and tilted his head toward you so you could kiss the perfect spot between his cat ears.

"Thank you for keeping me company last night," you told him warmly. "I feel much better knowing that we were both safe," he still seemed embarrassed, so you darted forward and licked his nose. He spluttered a protest and rubbed his wet nose dry indignantly, while you laughed. "Relax, Loki. There's no shame in cuddling or spending a night together in sleep. I know you're shy, but you should know by now I'm not going to be offended, besides I thought Asgardians were more....open.... in their affections," you pryed, woneirng why he kept getting so shy around you.

"We are," he finally admitted softly after a long pause. He seemed to steel himself before he continued. "But Midgardians are not...and Midgardians of the era you were raised..."

You laughed again, finally realizing what he was getting at. "Lokitty, yes, I'm 500 years old, but I'm also a witch. We adapt to the world and the culture around us, it's how we survive. We're also a lot more open in our affections than the humans, in case you hadn't noticed, silly trickster," you teased and he finally relaxed and gave you a smile. "I wouldn't have invited you to stay if I minded. I promise I'll tell you if I'm uncomfortable with something. Though I appreciate your concern," you added quickly.

"I do not wish for you to be uncomfortable," he finally said softly. It was nice that he cared about your feelings and would take the time to try to find out how your were raised. He wasn't just trying to push himself on you like so many other males had.

You kissed his forehead before you climbed out of the bed. "You're one of the good ones, Lokitty" you told him warmly. You saw his shocked expression that anyone would say that and you smiled more brightly. You waved your hand, dissipating your half of the shielding around the room. "I'll see you at breakfast," you told Loki as you were gathering clean clothes to change into. He was getting up to leave to get ready for the day too. "Thanks again for last night." He'd hadn't had to walk you home, or stay to make sure you were safe.

He kissed your forehead. "Any time, darling." With a warm smile, he left your room. You showered and dressed quickly. Loki wasn't waiting outside for you, so you went down to find breakfast.

Instead you found Thor roaring as he lifted Loki by the throat to hold him against the nearest wall. The noise that came out of Loki's throat could only be described as a yowl of protest as he fought against Thor's grip on his throat. "WHERE WERE YOU? I TRUSTED YOU!" Thor was roaring. Loki was fighting for air almost instantly, Thor was crushing his windpipe.

"Thor!" you yelled, running over to diffuse the situation. "What are you doing? Put him down!" you demanded. Loki had summoned a blade, which Thor ripped out of his hand and threw across the room. It lodged itself in a wall. You tried to shove Thor backward to get him to put Loki down before he lost all ability to breathe. But Thor was a wall of muscle and didn't move because a tiny girl pushed him. He grabbed you and tried to push you behind him to safety.