Chapter 58

You continued to heal slowly under Loki's care. Your magic also started to come back as you healed, as your soul healed. It was a relief to have your powers coming back. Even if it was painstakingly slow.

Loki picked you up to take you with him to the academy one morning, as he was continuing to teach your classes since you weren't exactly able at the moment. He was wearing his professor robes as her usual that morning. That's what he always wore when he was teaching. You hadn't noticed in awhile, and it seemed quite silly of you that you hadn't noticed, but he was hot as hell in his professors robes. He'd lost the cat ears and tail, and while he looked different without cat ears, it didn't make him any less attractive.

In fact, it made him more conventionally attractive.

Gods, what was with you? You weren't usually so obsessed with looks.

But that day?

That day, you noticed that Loki was extremely hot and extremely kissable.

You wanted nothing more than to kiss him.

Ok, that was a lie. You wanted to do quite a lot more than just kiss him.

Which you couldn't do, because you were stuck as a cat. You tried to shift back, tried every trick you knew, but your human form just wouldn't come back to you, no matter HOW much you wanted to kiss Loki.

Loki looked down at you in his arms. "Something wrong, magelet?" Loki asked you in the same gentle tone he always had for you. The team still thought it was strange.

"Nothing's wrong," you meowed at him, grateful he could speak cat. You weren't about to tell him that you were having strong feelings of wanting to fuck him. That probably wouldn't be appreciated. And it wouldn't help anything.

Loki wrinkled his nose, but didn't call you on the lie. He could tell that you weren't comfortable answering the question, which is why you were reluctant to. He usually didn't call people on white lies, just because he could smell all lies. Except when it was Tony. He liked annoying Tony just to annoy Tony.

Loki cuddled you closer and kissed the spot between your ears. "Shall we head to class then?" He asked. You nodded and snuggled in his arms. He chuckled and scratched behind your ears before he said farewell to the rest of the team and vanished to the academy.

You'd been here plenty of times since the day that Sera had called to you again. You hadn't felt that same call again since that day, for which you were grateful. You weren't up to dealing with the call of a familiar when you were trying to heal from everything you'd been through.

Loki carried you to your classroom and set you down on the pillow on your desk to let you rest while he taught. Except today you didn't feel like resting. You were restless and much as you enjoyed listening to Loki teach, and while he was absolutely fantastic at it, there was just something calling you today to do you own damn job.

It was time to get back to your life.

Loki had stood and gotten the students' attention. It really didn't take him much to get the class' attention. It was some small shift in his demeanor that drew the eye to him. It was a work of magic, with no actual magic involved. Whatever small shift he did, suddenly he was the prince of Asgard and all eyes were on him.

You meowed to get his attention. He turned to look at you. "Yes, darling?" He asked you with all seriousness. In other circumstances, it might've been funny that he was speaking so seriously to a cat, but this wasn't one of those circumstances.

You sat up straighter and got the attention of your class. It didn't take you much effort either, they were quite interested to hear what their cat-professor had to say. You began to teach your class yourself, knowing they could understand you from previous lessons.

If they thought it was strange to be taught by a house cat, none of them commented on it, only diligently took notes while Loki lounged against the wall, looking distractingly hot as hell.

Gods, you wished you could turn back to make out with him in the potions lab. Or a broom closet. You weren't being picky.

Seriously, what the fuck was wrong with you?

You weren't going into heat. You'd know if that was the case.

No, these were human emotions.

That was it, human emotions, human desires. More proof that you were healing. If only healing didn't include wanting impossible things like kisses when you were trapped as a cat.

*

"You're not going," Loki insisted as the mission alarm blared through the tower. You hissed at him and hopped up on his shoulder, clinging to his leather armor with your claws. "Y/N!" Loki scolded. He growled as he had to go catch up with the rest of the team. He tried to dislodge you, but it was no use. You were quite stubborn when you felt like it. "Fine, but if you get hurt, I am going to be quite cross with you," he told you sourly.

You'd missed too many missions, letting Loki leave you behind while you were recovering and healing.

You weren't missing any more missions. You were tired of being a burden. And you had your magic back. You weren't a liability anymore.

You nuzzled Loki and reassured him of your understanding. He sighed and teleported you both to the trouble downtown. He wasn't going to ride a broom. He really hated flying.

You found yourselves surrounded by monsters. You didn't know where the monsters came from, though you bet it was probably Hydra. It was safe to blame Hydra. You stayed on Loki's shoulder while he fought. You both threw spells and Loki threw daggers as well. The rest of the team joined you quickly and it seemed like the battle would go smoothly.

It seemed that way.

Until the fire breathing monsters showed up.