Chapter 12

When you woke, you were laying between the back of the couch and Loki, your head on his chest, listening to the rumble of his purrs. One of his hands was in your hair, the other arm was wrapped around you. Both of you were still in your teacher's robes from your just a minute rest.

Oops.

"What have we here?" Clint asked as you slowly sat up. He was sitting in a nearby chair, polishing his arrows.

"Like you don't fall asleep with Nat in here all the time," you countered, but softly. Loki was still asleep and he was adorable and you didn't want to wake him. You brushed a stray lock of hair back from his face absently.

Clint cleared his throat. "Uh-huh, sure we are. Exactly like this," he teased.

"What do you want, Barton?" you asked warily.

"Remove the ears and I won't tell Stark, or show him these," he held up pictures of you and Loki asleep on the couch.

You sighed. "Fine, but not for me. I don't want you embarrassing him," you gestured to Loki. With a wave of your hand Clint's cat-ears vanished. Clint handed over the pictures.

"I wasn't really going to give them to Stark," he told you kindly.

"I know,"

"Besides, I actually like the annoying furball," Clint's voice was actually kind. Yes, the term 'furball' was silly, but it wasn't malicious like Tony's nicknames. "And you more than like him," he teased. He had left the room a moment later, right as Loki was waking.

"Apparently we took a nap," you told him with a smile. He smirked and laughed at your obvious statement.

"So it appears," he replied warmly as he worked to sit up. You vanished the pictures before he saw them and got scared. "I-I hope you don't think that was too forward," he was suddenly shy.

You laughed. "Lokitty, you've slept in my bed how many times over the last few months?"

"But this is different!" he protested. You showed him the picture of him asleep in your bed that you had on your phone. He just stared at it, surprised.

"No, it's not. I've told you, you're still my Lokitty no matter your form. You've been my best friend for months and I see nothing wrong with sharing the same sleeping space, especially for something as innocent as a nap. And you can't tell me you haven't seen Nat and Clint napping in here, or just about anyone and your brother,"

"I don't know why they bother with that oaf," Loki grumbled and you laughed again.

"He's warm and so...cuddly," Loki puffed up in anger. "You're way better," you told him and scratched behind his cat ear until he calmed again. "What do you think about pizza for dinner?" you changed the subject quickly before he could get upset again. "I really don't feel like cooking anything else today,"

"I can agree with that sentiment," he still looked drained. You stood and kissed the top of his head between his cat ears while you pulled out your phone to call the pizza place. You paced the living room while you placed the order and was promised super fast service because the order was for the Avengers.

"Are you going to grumble when I go downstairs to meet the pizza guy?" you asked exasperated at the overprotective males.

"Depends, are you going to grumble when I come along to help you carry the giant stack of pizzas upstairs?" he replied innocently. He was offering a way to come with you and guard while pretending he was coming along to share the work. Smart overprotective male.