Chapter 13

Even though Tony came back from his meeting with Loki without cat-ears, you didn't hear any more about the date that day.

Or the next.

Or the next.

Eventually you thought he had lost the courage, or interest.

Or he was happy with your relationship the way it was.

It really didn't bother you. You weren't in any rush to pursue a romantic relationship. It would happen if it were meant to, in the meantime you would enjoy having a Lokitty as a best friend.

*

"Cap, don't forget I'm unavailable tomorrow," you reminded the team at dinner on October 30th.

"Big Halloween plans?" Stark jumped in, dying for material for a Halloween related witch joke.

"Yes, but I'll be back in plenty of time for your party," you told him. You hesitated, but knew what your mother would want, so you added. "Actually, if you guys want to come, you're welcome too. Mom would love to meet you all,"

Loki reached over and took your hand, squeezing it reassuringly. You hadn't advertised that your mom wasn't alive. Loki knew obviously. Nat knew because she knew everything and Thor knew...somehow... "I will come with you," Loki told you warmly. You gave him a smile in return. The rest of the team jumped in to agree to come meet your mom too. Of course she'd want to meet her daughter's housemates.

"Thanks, Lokitty. Mind helping me cook? We need to bring food with us tomorrow,"

He nodded. "Of course, darling. Do you need me to call Helene?"

"Do you mind? We need flowers for the others to bring as well," you asked as you stood and kissed the perfect spot on the top of his head between his cat ears before you headed to the kitchen to get started on the cooking for tomorrow.

"Not at all. I'll join you in a minute," Loki told you kindly. You saw him hold a green ball of magic in front of him through which he contacted Helene. The others watched the use of magic and this side of Loki with interest. They still weren't used to seeing him as a courteous caring gentleman.

You spent the evening cooking and packing the picnic baskets. The others jumped in to help, understanding it was important, even if they didn't know or dare ask why.

*

The next morning you all piled into one of the giant SUVs. You were even wearing a dress from days long past for the occasion. It was one of your mom's favorites on you. Loki and Thor both told you that you looked beautiful. Stark made some sarcastic comment about how you could wear a dress like a normal girl. Nat kicked him for you. He only avoided getting defenestrated because it was Halloween.

The first stop of the morning was to Helene's flower shop. She was excited to meet the whole team and told you about how wonderful of housemates you had. Loki stepped up to her and greeted her with a kiss on each cheek. "Grandmother Helene," he greeted her warmly.

"Finally decided to turn back, did you?" she asked him with a wide grin.

"Yes, Grandmother," he replied a little sheepishly and obediently bent back down again when she reached up to touch his cat ears. "It was time to properly befriend Lady Y/N." The team was openly staring at Loki submitting to a little old lady. Well, the entire team except Thor, who just seemed happy to see Loki like this.

"You got stuck, didn't you dearie?" Helene asked Loki fondly while she touched his ears.

"It's only a mild inconvenience. Especially when Lady Y/N does not seem to mind and I get to spend more quality time with her, despite the ears,"