Chapter 49

Bright and early the next morning, you dressed in riding clothes. You'd be a-horse all day and dresses weren't conducive for riding that long. At least Lady Sif was a warrior too so the people in the realm were used to seeing her wearing pants. You didn't have to worry about them looking down on you for the same thing. So you dressed quickly in riding gear, made sure your supplies were safely stored in your dimensional pocket. Your wand and broom were both wrapped around your wrist, your sword strapped to your sides, daggers in sheaths on your arms, courtesy of Loki. He didn't want you going without proper protection. Even though he, Thor, and Lady Sif were all coming with you.

Overprotective Lokitty.

Loki walked down to the stables with you, where you met up with Thor and Lady Sif. Both of them were dressed for battle and ready to go. There were four horses waiting for them and Thor and Sif both had gear in their saddlebags. They had to actually pack, unlike you and Loki. Thor tossed a sack of something at Loki, who caught it automatically. He opened the sack and lit up with delight. "How'd you know?" he teased Thor as he pulled out a cinnamon roll and bit into it.

"You love about four things in the entire realm, Mother, your lady, me on a very few occasions, and those cinnamon rolls from Cook," Thor teased as he swung into his saddle. "I have to bribe you to not kill us on a long road trip somehow," he added. Sif laughed and swung into the saddle of her horse too while Loki chuckled.

Loki led you over to one of the horses and handed you a cinnamon roll. "This is Star," Loki told you, indicating the horse. "Mother picked her out for you," he explained. "I didn't think you'd want to ride a broom for days straight,"

You laughed. "It's been awhile since I had to ride a broom that long. A horse is way preferable," you told him and kissed him softly before you swung up into the saddle, comfortable because of years of practice. You used to have to ride every day, before cars and had more horses over the years than you could remember.

"I thought horses were no longer popular on Midgard," Thor commented as Loki swung onto his own horse's saddle.

"They aren't," you replied. "But I'm 500 years old. I learned to ride as a child," you reminded him. Thor nodded and kicked his horse, setting the group of you off on your adventure.

"So I get why Loki and the oaf are on this adventure," Sif commented once you were on your way. "Loki is courting you and has a silver tongue, which is useful for dealing with individuals like this cursemonger. Thor is good to have for muscle and you two have gone on these kind of missions for the crowd together for centuries. But why did the Allmother request I come with you?" Sif asked the three of you as you rode.

It wasn't a breakneck speed you were riding at, but you were reassured the Asgardian horses could keep up with any speed for days. Still, it wasn't urgent enough that you had to go at full gallop. Especially since it was so far, over a day's journey, even with these horses.

"I assume so Lady Y/N has a female companion for the journey," Thor replied innocently. Apparently he hadn't been told either why Sif was here beyond that his mother had asked her to come.

You shared a smirk with Loki. You knew perfectly well why Sif was there. Sif was there so Frigga could force her and Thor together since they were so perfect for each other. That meant that you and Loki had to help her. So you and Loki rode side by side on the road while Thor and Sif rode together. The pair chatted happily while they rode and you and Loki explained your quest to them.

You stopped for the evening at an inn in a quiet town. You slid out of the saddle with a groan. "It's been years since I rode that long," you whined at Loki while he steadied you. He chuckled.

"At least it wasn't a broom," he told you with a laugh.

"It also won't be a boyfriend," you grumbled at him, grumbling at him for teasing you.

He chuckled. "Come on, magelet, let's get you sitting on something that isn't moving for awhile," Loki told you warmly and helped you into the inn where you took seats in the tavern and one of the serving girls brought the four of you something to eat. And of course ale for the Asgardians. You were grateful to sit on something that wasn't moving and enjoyed the meal with your friends. You had spent all day riding with them and Sif had become a good friend on the journey.

The evening was quickly coming to an end when Loki addressed the others. "I feel better if I stay with my lady. Thor, don't snore too loudly or Sif will kill you in your sleep," Loki told the others. You'd gotten two rooms under the guise that you and Sif would be sharing one.

That clearly wasn't Loki's plan.

Sif laughed. Clearly she was used to traveling with Thor, Loki, and the Warriors Three and was comfortable sharing with any of them. "There better be more than one bed, or you're sleeping on the ground, thunderhead," she teased Thor as the pair of them got up to head to their room.

"You would not do that, Lady Sif!" he whined as he followed her.

She smirked back at him. "You better make it worth my while then," she teased him as she headed up the stairs in front of him.

"Well, that was easy," Loki commented from next to you as you watched the pair go.