27

Derek examines Parrish's hands, turning them over back and forth as if looking for something to magically appear out of thin air "He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked letting go of Parish's hands, Scott, Lydia and I looking between them, Parish nodded.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? the parts of the body are essentially dead" Lydia questioned as his body was intact even though he was burnt alive.

"Well, they should be gone" Derek explained, looking at the girl. 

"I was set on fire all of me should be gone" Parish protested puzzled by our conversation and his existence. 

"not if you're like us" Scott replied.

"Like you?" Parish asked 

"I don't think he's like us" Derek replied 

"I agree with Derek when Peter was burnt alive in the fire, he lost his hair and nails and had scarring, of course now they are healed but that... that was almost 5 years after not a matter of hours" I explained looking over the deputy. 

"Then what is he?" Lydia commented looking at him curiously. 

"Sorry but I have no idea" My brother answered the sort of question,

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira" Scott replied. 

"This is a little out of my experience, there might be something in the Beastiary have you tried Argent" Derek suggested 

"I don't know where he is" Scott told him 

"I could call Isaac to see if he could get the copy from Paris" I commented. 

"Hold on whats a Beastiary?" Parish asked and our attention was turned back to him, "Actually that's not even my first question... just tell me one thing are you all like Lydia? Are you all psychic" He continued, 

I stifled a laugh but it didn't work I almost burst into a fit of laughs until Derek elbowed me in the ribs. "Ow!" I squeaked with surprise and pain. 

"Psychic?" Derek repeated with an eyebrow raised. 

"Not exactly" Scott replied being more serious than me.

 "Ok, then what are you?" He asked concerned. 

Derek Scott and I shared a look, my brother cocking his head as if to say 'Your choice'. Scott turned back round to Parish showing his eyes which were now crimson red. Scott then started to explain what we were, what other people are and some events which are important to know. 

"What's a kanima?" Parish asked he seemed confused by all the new information.  

"We'll get back to that. Just know is that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the Deadpool" Scott replied. 

"But I don't even know what I am," Parrish complains. 

"I'm pretty sure they don't care," Derek replies,

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" He asked turning to my brother and me. 

"We're starting to lose count" Lydia answered solemnly. 

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott suggested. 

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this, I think he was taking a chance" Parish told us. 

"That means anyone with the Deadpool can take a chance" I replied, 

"If Haigh had it who else does? How easy is it to get it now?" The deputy questioned making us all on edge.