Chapter 17: Reasons

"No, leave me alone!" I protest pushing him off of me.

"Your drunk for goodness sake!" I keep protesting but he's too strong. A stinging sensation stopped me.

He slapped me.

I touch my cheek, flinching at the pain. Tears slowly fall down my face.

"That'll teach you to stay quite perra!" He forcefully grabs me by my hair and drags me to our room. He throws me on the bed and gets on top of me. Kissing me ruffly, he starts taking off my clothes. I try to move but his hands keep me from escaping.

By this time I was crying. I was in pain. I was scared. I was tired of the same thing over and over again. There was no way of escaping, if I did or tried to he would do something worse then now.

"There's no way of escaping this Alessandra!"

"ALESSANDRA!"

"ALESSANDRA!"

"ALESSANDRA! Wake up!" A deep voice yells. I jolt awake, breathing heavily. It happened again.

I put my hand on my chest, feeling my heart beating fast. I sit up still panting, trying to regulate my breathing.

"Why have you been having these nightmares?" I turn my head to see Luca with an angry look on his face.

"T-that's something personal you d-don't need to know a-about." I say a bit irritated, still trying to control my breathing.

"You know you could've killed me by scaring me awake." By now I was angry. You could've woken me up like you did the last three times, asshole!

"You have these almost every night, I wake up to you screaming and yelling things!" He yells, anger laced in his words.

"Well, you don't know anything!" I pull the blanket off me and get out of bed. I walk to the other side of the room not wanting to stand close to him.

"Every since I found out about this arranged marriage, everything from my past has come back to hunt me, " I yell. His expression softens a bit.

"My life has gone downhill again, I try to smile everyday but it's hard. I try to act like myself but it's hard. My heart can't take anymore, it's broken, it's scarred. I never wanted this." My voice cracks and gives out by the end.

"You don't think I want this, I never did!" He yells, his face turning red. His words hurt like a knife to the chest and I don't know why.

My anger disappears and is replaced by sadness.

"We both never wanted this but what happened three days ago doesn't show it." I state, smirking a bit. He glares at me and I glare at him.

I sigh. "Just get out of my room." I put one hand on my hip and the other on my forehead. He leaves but not before saying.

"Don't underestimate me, " I shake my head wanting to forget everything that just happened. I look at the time and see its 6:12 in the morning. Ugh!

I still have time to get some sleep if I'm lucky. I crawl back into bed and hid under the covers. A tear escapes from the corner of my eye.

That kiss meant something to me but I know it didn't mean anything to Luca. I hadn't kissed anyone in two years and when Luca kissed me, I felt like everything was alright and nothing had ever happened. It felt so wrong but it felt so right at the same time. What's happening to me?

*Time skip*

I go into the kitchen to see what I can find to eat. I haven't eaten anything all day because I locked myself in my room. I didn't want to run into Luca so I just hid.