Chapter 44.5: Unknown Sibling

(12/09/19) 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶-𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗁𝖽𝖺𝗒!! 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 14𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝗲!! 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 6𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻!! 𝗦𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗮 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗽𝘂𝗻𝗸𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻. 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵!

𝗔𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲!
______________________________
(This takes place before Alessandra and Luca find Vanessa talking to Grayson in the hospital. Chapt. 42 In case any of you forgot, Vanessa is one of Alessandra's best friends, Grayson is the guy she rescued from their mission, and Melissa is Vanessa's Mom. Sorry if you don't quite understand what's happening but that's on my part because I was just so excited writing this chapter to focus on detail.)

Unedited

Vanessa

I need to call Carina.

I take my phone out of my pocket and dial her number. It rings two times before she answers,

"Hi, babe!" She greets me, happy to hear my voice. I told her before I left that if she didn't hear from me in two to three hours things didn't go so well.

"How did it go?" I tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear and start walking slowly.

"Um, it went great. We got what we needed and no one was hurt badly." I answered, but not very confident with it.

Wrong wording Vanessa. "What do you mean! Were you hurt?" She asked, clearly panicked.

I was quick to respond, "No no no, I'm perfectly fine. My boss was just shot in the arm that's it."

She let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, well at least everyone is ok."

"When are you coming back?" She asked eagerly.

"I'll be back soon! I promise. Just give me two days!"

"I can wait for as long as I need to." She said making me smile. She's such a nice person! Ugh, how could I have gotten so lucky?

"Vanessa?" A voice behind me said.

My smile slightly dropped and I turned around to meet Grayson. He smiled shyly as he stood there nervously.

"Give me one second," I tell him and turn back around.

"Carina, I have to go. I'll call you tomorrow, love you." I whisper into the phone.

"Love you too." And she hangs up. I put my phone back in my pocket and turn to Grayson.

"I'm glad to see you again," I say sincerely.

He starts walking closer. "Me too."

I cross my arms over my chest and put all my weight on one foot. "You're lucky I was the one that found you and not anyone else or you would be dead," I tell him.

He smiled. "And I thank you for that."

"Also, how did you end up there?"

A confused expression covered his face, "End up where?"