Chapter 10: Old Memories

"Which house is yours?" Luca asks while he drives. I look around and find it.

"That one." I point to it. He drives up the drive way and parks the car. We get out of the car and I take out my house keys. I unlock the door and let us in.

"Small house." Luca says while looking around.

"Yeah, I was the only one living here and my sister would come over sometimes." I say leaving out the fact that I had a daughter.

"The movers will be here in a couple minutes and since your already here you can go pack your things." I nod and go into my room.

I open the closet and take out a pink medium sized box full of Everleigh's things. I open it and immediately the first thing I see is her last ultrasound.

"There's your baby." I look at the screen. There's my baby. "She's tiny." I say. "She's about the size of a banana believe it or not." We both laugh.

I cover my mouth as tears well up in my eyes. I haven't seen these in months. I grieved for a couple months and as I did I become depressed. I knew I couldn't live like that so I had to move on.

I put the top back on and rub my eyes. I put the box by the door and start packing my clothes and shoes in some boxes I had laying around. Once I finish I go to the bathroom and see what I need to get out of there. I exit the bathroom and see Luca leaning against the door frame. I jump in surprise.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He says as I try and recover. My heart was racing.

I slowly breathe in and out. "It's fine. I only have one more room to go, these five boxes are done." I leave my room passing him and go to the guest room.

I take down pictures that are on the wall of my family and carefully put them in a box. I look around and see things of Aria and Aviana. I can't just leave them, so I call Ava to come and get them.

I go out into the living room and sit down on the couch. The movers asking me if I want this or that and Luca directing where the movers should put the things on the truck. Soon Aviana get's here.

"Ava!" I yell and hug her.

"Shh, little missy down here is sleeping." She points down to the baby car seat.

"Oops, sorry." I whisper.

"It's fine, so why did you call me down here."

"I wanted to see you and also because I'm moving and you left some things here."

"Oh." Is all she says. I can tell she wants to talk but not in front of Luca and the movers.

"Come, let's go to the guest room." I grab the car seat and grab her wrist. I pull her into the room and sit her down. I put the car seat gently on the bed and let her ask questions and I answer them. She asked me how the honeymoon went and why I was moving.

"So your going to live with him now?"

"Yep." I pop the p.

"You left the bassinet, some of Aria's toys, and some of your things. I didn't want to leave them so I call you to come and get them." She nods and gets the things.

"What are you going to do with the crib?" She looks over to the crib by the wall and I do the same.

I sigh. "I don't know, you want it." I look back at her. She laughs.

"Sure. You never know when I'll have another baby." I narrow my eyes at her.

"Ava! Aria's only four months old!" I lightly slap her arm.

"I was kidding." She laughs. "But i'll still take it." I give her an ok. I got one of the movers to take it apart and put it in her car. I spent a little time with her and the baby and then she had to leave.

"All of the things are packed on the truck and the boxes are in the car." Luca says.

I let out a deep sigh. "Ok, we can leave." He nods and goes out the door. I take one more look around and go out the door, locking it. I get in the car and Luca starts to drive away.

"Where did you put the pink box?" I ask him. He looks in the rear view mirror. I look behind my seat and see it. I mentally sigh. Ok, I can relax without worrying about it. I look out the window admiring the trees and sky.

We get home and he takes the boxes out of the car and puts them by the stairs. The movers get here and Luca orders them to put the things in my room. I take the boxes and put them in my room. I put the pink one in my closet, up high, and unpack the others. I take a shower and go downstairs and eat.

This chapter is kinda all over the place in my opinion. I know it was probably boring but the next one had DRAMA! If that's what you call it, anyway I'm going to skip a couple months and then go from there. Hope you liked it, Adiós! (Bye) 12/13/18 Jennifer❤️💛