Chapter 32: Heartbreak

I don't wanna be the last man standing
I don't wanna be the lonely one
Picking petals when the party's over
No, it's not any fun

'Cause I'm fragile
And you know this

So hold me
Wrap me in love, fill up my cup
Empty and only your love can fill up my cup
'Cause I'm hollow
Yeah, I'm hollow, oh oh oh
'Cause I'm hollow
Yeah, I'm hollow, oh oh oh
___________________________

Unedited- Before you start... I wrote like half of this at like 1 in the morning and I was really tired. It might not be good or "readable" so sorry if you get confused.

Luca

My job was to protect her.

And I failed.

For the first time in my life, I was afraid. I was afraid to lose her. I never have been afraid not even when I was held at gunpoint on the verge of death. I became fearless when I took over for my father, he taught me to never show my fear to the enemies. He never feared his enemies but he feared for his family's safety. He made sure to be a good influence on his son.

My phone vibrating brings me out of my trance.

"Si?" I answer.

"You need to come down to the warehouse now!" Daniel said.

"I'll be there in 10." I say and hang up. I get up from my desk leaving everything in a mess. I grab my keys and head out the door.

By speeding down the highway I arrive in less than 5 minutes. I walk into the warehouse and see everyone surrounding a table. I squeeze myself between Harper and Vanessa to see what they were seeing.

"What is this?" I asked looking at the piece of paper in the middle. Everyone's eyes divert to me.

"It was here when I arrived. It seems like Alexander is ready to start a fight again." Daniel responded.

I grab the paper off the table and read it.

I will get my revenge. It will start with your precious wife, who was mine, to begin with. Then everyone else you love. I won't go down without a fight. You managed to kill the man before he killed your wife, but you have more coming your way.

-The one and only, Alexander S.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath. I don't like this at all.

I turn to Vanessa who was giving me a deadly glare. "Why didn't you tell us someone tried to kill Alessandra?"

I gulp. She really knows how to intimidate people.

"Luca she's our friend! We should know about stuff like this!" She raged, not getting an answer from me.

"Well I'm sorry, but I was busy trying to comfort her and find out who was trying to kill her!" I raise my voice.

"I really hope you were!" she yelled back. "And I hope you make the right decision on what your about to do next. That letter is threatening Allie's life and I expect you as her husband to protect her with your life. Don't do something stupid." she finished and stormed off angrily. The girls go running behind her shouting her name.

If she was someone else I would have killed her. No one dares to talk back or raise there voice at me. The only people I allow to do that are the people in my life, anyone else and there dead.

"You did find out he worked for Alexander right?" I ask.

"Yes." Theo confirms. The room went silent. I stare off into space thinking on what to do. I have many options but only one sticks out to me.