Chapter 44: The Truth

Unedited

Luca

Finally having her in my arms was one of the best feelings ever. I thought I would never have her here by my side again but here she is, carrying our two angles. I had totally forgotten about that night were went out to drink, I barely remember anything. I was stressed because of work, trying to keep her away from me, and because of the marriage. I took it out on drinking and Alessandra was pretty stressed out too, she was having her own problems.

She surprised me when she opened up so much at times. I remember seeing her in a crop top and seeing faded scars over her stomach, sides, and back. It got me to question where she got them from so that's what I did. Although I wanted to believe her when she said it was because she was a clumsy child, something told me it wasn't true.

And I was correct. You wouldn't look at her and see she's gone through an abusive relationship. You see a sassy, smart, kind, caring, beautiful woman who has defied all odds and survived.

I smiled while looking at her. She was talking to the baby in her arms as he smiled and cooed.

"Your aunt Catalina called." Alessandra's mom said as she walked into the living room.

She lit up and looked up with a huge smile on her lips. "She did!! What did she say?"

"She wants to come down and visit. The whole family does."

"Ooh, that would be nice, I would get to meet the new member of the family!"

"You and children Alessandra." Her mom said shaking her head.

She smiled cheekily knowing how true it was. Anytime she sees a baby or child she just wants to hold it. That's one thing I love about her, she's great with kids. "I got it from you."

"I would've had more if it wasn't for your father," She nudged Liam with her elbow and he immediately looked at her.

"Two girls was enough for me, I didn't need a whole house full of them. I'm only one man that can only do so much."

I look at Alessandra and she grins widely. "Well Dad, be ready porque vas a tener muchos nietos! And I'll make sure of that." (cause you are going to have a lot of grandchildren)

"Oh, lord!"

"How many are we talking about?" I leaned down and whispered into her ear.

"As many as our heart's desire."

• • •

"Love?"

"Hm?" She responds without taking her eyes off of whatever she's staring at.

"What's bothering you? I can see you're bothered by something, what is it?" I asked a bit concerned. I was watching her from afar and she was just staring at something for a long time with a blank face.

She huffs and adjusts Michael on her hip turning to face me fully. "I... I've been wondering about something. That something involves the marriage contract our parents made."

"What about the contract?" I curiously asked.

"I have so many questions about it!"

Hmm, wonder what those questions are? "You haven't talked to your parents about this yet?"

"I haven't had the chance to." She starts tapping her foot on the ground out of anxiousness. She does this quite often when her anxiety spikes.