Chapter 19: Confusion and Admiration

Luca

Hearing a dog barking makes me wake up. I get out of bed, pulling a shirt over my head. I walk out of my room to hear whimpers and sounds of movement. Going downstairs I find Alessandra and Gracie chasing each other around the house.

I hide behind the walls watching them, Alessandra gets her hold on Gracie and she starts licking her face vigorously. Alessandra starts to giggle and tries to get Gracie to stop.

One of the first times I get to see Alessandra really smile. She barely smiles around me but when around family and friends she smiles the brightest.

Happiness is something I wished I had when I was little and I did have it but once I became the leader of this mafia everything changed. My happiness came from killing and seeing people in pain. The innocent, nice, kind, little boy I was is far gone. It was replaced with arrogance and ruthlessness.

But recently I have seen a change in my attitude and how I react to things. When Alessandra is around I find myself being more calmer and less aggressive. I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've felt before when I was a child but I don't know what it is.

"Goodmorning, " I greet her as I walk out from behind the wall. She looks at me and her cheeks turn a light shade of red.

"Goodmorning." She says putting Gracie down.

"How did you sleep last night?" I ask as I walk closer to her.

"I slept fine. I did wake up from a small terror but Gracie helped me back to sleep." she smiles looking down at the puppy.

I smile seeing her happy. It's only been one day and already she has a strong bond with that puppy. I let them have there morning together and go to my study to sort out some stuff.

I was told that Alexander has tried to find us but he can't because he doesn't know where this house is, no matter how hard he tries he can't find us. He was able to attack the other house and almost kidnap Alessandra, I'm not letting that happen again.

My question is why? Maybe he's trying to take away something he thinks I love, but I don't love Alessandra. Or its something else, but what could that something else be?

I snap out of my thoughts when the door opens and in comes Daniel. For the rest of the day it was just work. I took Alessandra to work and then went to my office. I came back home for dinner which Alessandra always makes, and go to bed.

Alessandra

I stand in front of the mirror looking at my stomach. A couple stretch marks and a scar on the bottom, c-section scar. I had some other scars on my stomach and some in other places but they weren't because of the pregnancy. Anytime I see any of the scars memories come flooding back, horrible memories. Anytime I see the c-section scar I think back to the events that caused it.

I trace over it smiling a bit. Even though it was a scar that wasn't supposed to be there I loved it. That might seem psychopathic but here's why. It's a beautiful scar, I used to hide it and many of my other scars. I would wear long sleeve shirts and long pants to cover everything up.

Especially when the abuse started to happen and I was left in bruises and cuts that had to be stitched up. After I lost Everleigh I was in deep depression, deeper than I already was. The people around me were there for me and helped me get stronger everyday. I hated how my body looked after everything, but I learned that the scars and stretch marks make me who I am.

I went through something traumatic and survived. Not many girls do, they get abused, raped and then killed slowly or automatically. I managed to get out alive, unfortunately Ever didn't but I did. I cherish the moments I had with her in my stomach and will forever. I did it for her.

I pull a shirt over my head and go downstairs, with Gracie following. I remember there was a library here somewhere but don't remember exactly where. I wander down the halls until I come across two big door that are open revealing a library.

I gasp in awe at how big it is. I mean I've seen big library's before but this one is the biggest I've seen. I go to the romance section and scan over the tiles. I find one of my favorites and go sit down on the sofa.

Not that you're interested but the book is about a girl who gets into an arranged marriage because her sister got cold feet and it turns out the man she's marrying is a cold Mafia Leader and is very dangerous. She gets abused by him and a lot happens. She ends up pregnant and they confess their love to each other and live happily ever after. (wonder if anyone can guess what that book is called, it's here on wattpad and it's my number one favorite. I'll give you a hint: Violet and Dante. Also I know she hasn't made it in book form but just play pretend.)

"Come here, Gracie." I pat my lap for her to come and she jumps landing in my lap. I pet her head slowly as I start reading. I end up reading half of the book and looking outside its dark indicating it's night.

Vanessa comes whining to me, telling me to please make dinner. I get up from my spot and go to the kitchen. I let Gracie out to use the bathroom and start getting dinner ready. As usual, Luca comes home, eats and then goes to bed. Somethings never change.

Well lovelys! Here's another chapter for you, hope you liked it and if you did don't be afraid to vote. There is a little message in this chapter and that is to love yourself and body. Something I've struggled with and I finally do love myself and body. The song up top is called Strip by Little Mix and they are such good influences. Until next time!3/17/19 Jennifer❤️💛