Chapter 42: Only Want You

Unedited(I totally forgot about the freaking bullet. The life of having the memory of a goldfish. Just know that Luca got the bullet out of his arm)

He finished saying what he had to say and I was shocked, to begin with. I thought for sure he was going to yell at me. But no, he did exactly the opposite.

"I thought you said we were going to wait until we got home to talk about this, " I took his fingers off my chin and held his giant hand in my tiny one.

"I did but I just wanted to say that before you start blaming yourself because it's not your fault it's mine."

I smiled at him.

"Come on let's find your friend." He said helping me off the table.

"Gracie," I said while adjusting my dress, he must be referring to her.

"Huh?"

"Her name is Gracie. And the little boy is her son, Killian."

He looked at me questioningly. "Your best friend that was supposedly dead?"

"Yes." I nod.

"How is that possible?"

I shrug. "I don't know, I didn't want to ask. I wanted to wait until everything was over to have that conversation with her."

He made an 'oh' face. Having mentioned that I need to talk with Gracie sometime this week. I want to do everything from beginning to end, but I won't rush her.

"Well come on then." He said and started walking out the door.

I stop him saying, "Wait, Luca. Do my parents know?" I would be at ease if my parents knew I was safe.

He turned around and walked back to me. Giving me a reassuring look he said, "I told my parents and yours that you are safe and will be home soon."

I let out a breath I was holding in and smiled softly. "Thank you, "

He just smiled a genuine smile for once. Where did this side of him come from? He took my hand and led me out of the room down the hall and into an elevator. He pressed floor 5 and the elevator started to move. I kept thinking about his words as we went down. It meant so much to me because I was ready to say a bunch of untrue things. At least I know he cares for me and his family.

Once the elevator stopped we stepped out and he took me down some halls. We stopped in front of a door and he told me she was in there.

"You're not coming?" I asked when I saw he wasn't following me.

"I didn't think you'd want me to."

I sighed at his response. "You have to meet her, she's going to be around for a while. Don't worry though she's a kind person. And Killian is just such a sweetheart." I told him. After some seconds passed he nodded at me.

I smiled and opened the door. With Luca following behind, I go in and immediately see Gracie with Killian.

"Grace?" I said grabbing her attention. She smiles upon seeing me.

"Alessandra!"

"Auntie!" Killian said and jumped off the bed with the help of Gracie.

My heart swelled once again at what he called me. "Hi, buddy! I see you've grown accustomed to me."I said as I picked him up. He gave me a cute little smile. He kept smiling as he saw Luca standing behind me.

"How are you doing?" I asked Gracie while walking closer to the hospital bed she was in.

"I'm doing great. Besides having a bunch of tests done and needles stuck into me." I shuttered at the thought of needles as if I could feel them. Who else has a needle phobia? (ME)