Chapter 25: Isabella's P.O.V

Thursday
I practically threw myself out of bed, chucked on my school uniform and tried to run downstairs. I couldn't run, so I walked as fast as possible.

As I ran/walked into the kitchen, I grabbed a piece of toast on a plate and shoved it into my mouth.

"What's got you in such a hurry? And why are you in your uniform?" Felix asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him. Not again. And then he caught on.

"Oh hell no, don't even think about it Isabella Grace Cole." Felix warned. I heard Leo snicker behind me. I folded my arms and glared at my brother. "No, no school. You're not going in. That's final."

"She can't go in anyway, she's getting her stitches out today." Dad announced as he walked into the kitchen, taking the toast out of my hand. "That was mine, missy." I groaned, I was still kinda upset about yesterday.

I slumped down on the stool at the breakfast bar and spun round and round. It started squeaking and I could tell everyone was getting annoyed. "Can you not?!" Mason snapped. I smirked.

"Come on, Bella, we gotta go." Dad said, eventually. "And I've got to go to work." I gave him a look saying do I have to go? But really I wanted to say, I'm not going anywhere with you.
"Yes, we are going. Come on, Felix and Leo and have already got theirs out. You were jealous then, so hurry up." Dad told me.

I sighed and got up, and then instead of going to the front door, I sprinted to the stairs and made it halfway up before Mason threw my over his shoulder and carried me to the car. He put me in the passenger seat, put my seat belt on me and then shut door. Dad came round the other side and sat in the diver's seat.

We were silent for a while. I could tell he wanted to say something, he kept opening his mouth and then shutting it again. In any other situation, it would have been very funny.

"Bella, I'm sorry. For bringing it up. I know you don't want to talk about it but I am worried. Especially now I know what he did." Dad blurted out, suddenly.

I felt him looking at me. I turned away and looked out the window. If Dad knew what he did, no doubt Felix will as well. How am I meant to look at them in the eye now? When they look at me, what do they see? What will they think of me?

I was raised better than to give up so easily. And that's what I did. I willingly stripped in front of him. I let him- him... touch me.... I let him kiss me. What would Mum think of me now?

We drove past buildings and parks and roads before we eventually arrived at the hospital. I got out straight away and walked through the hospital doors.

Felix's P.O.V.
"Do you know what Dad talked to Izzy about yesterday?" Leo asked. "I heard her crying but her door wouldn't open. I think she put a chair against it."

"Yes, I know." I said through gritted teeth.

Dad and Isabelle left not long ago for the hospital. I was waiting for Joe to get ready so I could drop him to school.

"Can you tell me?"

"No."

"Please." Leo begged.

"Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up."

Leo rolled his eyes and huffed. "You never tell me anything. I'm not a damn kid anymore." He muttered.

"What was that?" I asked, glaring.

"Nothing." He mumbled.

"Grow the fuck up Leo. If you stopped acting like a kid, maybe we'd stop treating you like one." I snapped.

"Mason is literally one year older than me. He doesn't get treated like a kid."

"Cause he doesn't act like one."

"I don't."

I raised my eyebrows at my younger brother. I know that being the middle child is difficult for Leo. But sometimes, he needs to accept that he's always gonna be the middle child and grow up.

"Leo please, I've got a banging headache." I said, rubbing my temples.

"Maybe if you stopped yelling at everyone and acting like the boss, then you wouldn't." He muttered, not meaning for me to hear that.

"You wanna say that again?!" I slammed my hands down on the table and and looked at him, right in the eyes. Leo stood up.

"Yeah, I do." He was so testing my patience. "If you stopped yelling at everyone, and acting like the boss, then you wouldn't have a headache! Did you hear that? Or you want me to yell it louder?!" He screamed at me.

"You think I chose to act like the boss? Who took you to school every single fucking day? Who made you breakfast? Who made sure you had a lunch and cooked your dinner? Who took you to football practice? Who helped you train when Dad couldn't? Who basically raised you?!"

I sat down, breathing heavily. I hadn't meant to shout at him. Not like that. Leo stared at me, shocked at my outburst.

"You didn't have to do it." He answered.

"Oh but Leo. I did." I lifted my head to look at him. "Mum died. Dad changed. You wouldn't have noticed it like I did. You were just 17, a teenager going out, getting drunk and having fun. I was around Dad most of the time. He changed, Leo." I paused.

"So?" He asked.

"He wasn't up for raising 5 kids. I had to grow up, take some of the weight off him. When you and Mason went out doing whatever you did, I stayed home to look after Joseph and Isabella. I made sure they had their homework done. I held Bella while she cried herself to sleep. I was there when Joseph couldn't deal with the bullies at school." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"So don't tell me to stop yelling and acting like the boss. There's so much you don't know." I told him before leaving the room and shouting for Joesph to hurry up.

~~~
So, we got to see a bit of what goes through Felix's head. What's your thoughts on that? What's going to happen next?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K