「25」Klaus - Part 1

★·

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

Klaus and Violet sat down next to each other as Carmelita told everyone a story about herself.

Ignoring Carmelita's story, Klaus scanned the Snow Scouts searching for someone.

"Klaus?" Violet whispered, trying to catch his attention. "Klaus? S/he's not here."

Klaus shook his head, "S/he could be. There's a few scouts with masks still on."

"What about you, travelers? Do you have any stories?" Brucie asked.

"We rather not share."

"Are you sure? I'd love to hear a Very Fascinating Drama." A boy with a mask on asked.

Klaus and Violet looked at each other.

"We know all sorts of stories. Stories about Vastly Frightening Danger." Klaus started.

"And Vain Fashionable Divas." Violet finished.

"Boring!" Carmelita said.

"Well it's getting late, and I feel sick from eating so many marshmallows. So, everyone, get in your sleeping bags." Brucie stated and then looked at the Baudelaires.

"You should stay the night here, travelers. We have some extra horse blankets you can sleep on."

Everyone moved to where they were going to sleep as the Baudelaires talked to Brucie.

One person, who had a mask on, stood up and nodded to the masked boy. They headed their way further down the cave as the masked boy focused back on the Baudelaires.

The boy got up and headed in their direction.

"The fire should die out in a few hours. Some things are easier to find in the dark." The masked boy whispered.

"Such as?" Klaus asked.

"Missing persons."

"Who are you?"

"Cakesniffers whispering in a cave. Is there anything less adorable?" Carmelita interrupted, rolling her eyes.

With that the boy left, leaving Klaus and Violet with their own thoughts.

"Everyone's mask is off except for that boy. That means-"

"(Y/n) is not here." Violet said sadly.

Klaus stared at his feet. He knew that he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up.

"Do you think we can trust him?" Klaus asked Violet.

"He must be with V.F.D." Violet said.

"But why is he disguised as a Snow Scout? And why is he the only one wearing a mask? Everyone else took their mask off."

"We'll find out when the fire dies."