「24」Quigley

For @youriconicweirdo

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

"Quigley?"

"Yeah?" He asked, glancing in the direction of your voice.

"I don't think the floor is safe to walk on." You said, carefully placing your foot in front of you.

The whole building was burnt. Traveling through it would be dangerous, especially since you and Quigley were on the second floor. Every step you took on the burnt wood felt as if it would break any second.

You don't understand why Quigley wanted you to search for a telescope. You doubt that you'd find anything since everything was burned.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Just watch your step. If you need anything, you know I'll be there for you like your knight in shining armor." Quigley winked at you as you rolled your eyes.

"Of course you would say–"

You let out a small scream as the floor collapsed underneath you.

"(Y/n)!" Quigley shouted and ran over to the edge of the hole you had fallen through.

"I'm okay!" You coughed from the ash filled air and gave a thumbs up so Quigley could see you.

"I'll be down there as soon as I can," You heard Quigley say.

You listened to Quigley's footsteps on the floorboards, creaking with every other step he made. You spotted Quigley rushing towards you from the doorway.

"(Y/n), are you okay? Does anything hurt? I wouldn't forgive myself if you got hurt. I'm sorry for making you walk over there."

You smiled at Quigley's concern.

"I'm okay, Quigley. My left leg hurts, though." You stated as you sat yourself against the wall of the destroyed kitchen.

"Do you want me to get anything for you?"

"No, just some rest. It's almost dark anyways. We might as well stay here for the night."

Quigley nodded and grabbed his backpack, setting up for the night. As Quigley arranged things, you checked over your leg. It was slightly bruised but you were happy that nothing was broken.

Quigley sat next to you, placing a the only blanket you both had over you.

"Thank you," You say to him.

"Anything for you, (Y/n)."

You averted your eyes to the ground, blushing from what Quigley said. His eyes didn't leave your face though. He took a deep breath and grabbed your hand, making you face him.

"I mean it. After everything we've been through. You've always been there to cheer me up and would do anything for me. I will be there for you and would do anything for you. I know it's kinda a bad time to start it but will you go out with me?"

Your face turned a light red as you smiled at him, "Yes."

A/n:
I'd like to thank you guys for all the votes and the reads. I'm glad you all are enjoying what I'm writing!
Have an amazing day/evening/night!💜