「21」Duncan

★·

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

Being the new kid at school sucks. You don't know who's going to be nice or who's going to be rude. Everyone just stares at you like you are from another planet. That's why you were glad you met the Quagmires.

The Quagmire triplets always made you feel like you were home. Although Isadora is very loving, you had something else with Duncan. He always seems to be there for you and understand you. There was this connection that you could feel and Isadora sensed that.

That's why Isadora is trying to make you ask Duncan on a date.

"What would the date even be? We're at a boarding school. There's not much to do." You pointed out to Isadora.

"Well, I could sneak in some food for you guys and you can just have our room for the date. I'll be with the Baudelaires." Isadora stated.

You smirked, "Yeah, only Klaus though."

She hit your arm, "(Y/n)!"

You laughed at her trying to cover her red face.

"Ugh. Just ask Duncan out after class or I will!" Isadora declared.

You rolled your eyes and picked at the cafeteria food that was served to you.

"Speaking of Duncan, where is he?" You asked.

"I don't know. He said that he'll be at lunch a little late. I didn't expect him to be this late."

The bell rang making you and Isadora part your ways. You sat down in your desk waiting for Duncan to show up since he was in the same class with you. The bell was about to ring when you saw Duncan rushing in.

Duncan sat down in front of you. You raised an eyebrow at him as he turned around smiling at you.

"Can I talk to you after class," Duncan asked.

You nodded, "Of course."

The class seemed to go by slower than usual. You wondered what Duncan wants to talk about. Then Isadora's words came into your mind. I have to ask him out or Isadora will tell him. You sighed, trying to pay attention but thoughts swarmed your head.

The bell rang, dismissing the final class for today. Duncan waited outside the classroom for you.

"So uh what did you want to talk about?" You asked.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a date? You can say no. I know there's not much to do but Isadora gave me this idea. So what do you say?"

You smiled, "Well what do you have in mind?"

Duncan stared down at the ground, "Oh uh Isadora said that we could just talk and eat food in our room. It's not much but—"

"Of course, Duncan!"

"Really?"

"Yes. Now let's get this date started before Isadora does." You grabbed his hand and pretty much dragged him down the hallway.

Just as you were about to turn down the hallway, Isadora appeared. She glanced down at you and Duncan holding hands.

She smirked, "Who asked first?"

"Duncan," you nodded your head in his direction.

"Well, I approve. Have fun on your date."

"Thanks, Isadora," Duncan whispered.

You smirked, "Good luck with Klaus."

She rolled her eyes at you and continued her way to the Baudelaires.

"See you later."

A/n: The ending sucked. I may change the ending later but I hoped you enjoyed this imagine. Have a great day/evening/night!💜