「26」Klaus - Part 2

(F/l/n) = First letter of your first name

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

"Shh! I had to wait until the fire died down so I could show you." The masked boy whispered to the Baudelaires. "Follow me."

With that, Klaus and Violet quietly moved through the sleeping scouts.

They reached a ladder and started to climb. Once they were close to the top, they heard a voice.

"Q? Is that you?"

"Yes, (f/l/n). I got the Baudelaires with me too." Q replied.

"Who is that?" Klaus asked.

"Someone who is like a brother/sister to me. Anyway, we're almost there."

And he was right just a few more steps up the ladder and they were there.

Klaus was the third one up, seeing Q hug the other masked person. As Q released you from the hug, you noticed Klaus staring and you quickly looked away from his stare.

"According to the 'The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations', the headquarters is behind that door." Q said.

"That's an impressive lock." Klaus said. "How does it open?"

"It's called a Vernacularly Fastened Door. It opens with language. The keyboard is wired to the hinges. You have to type a phrase. Three phrases, and if you get them wrong, it locks forever." You said.

"The first phrase is the name of the scientist most widely credited with the discovery of gravity." Q said.

"That's easy. Sir Isaac Newton." Klaus answered. "What's next?"

Although no one could see under your mask, you had bright smile on your face. You knew Klaus and Violet would be able to figure out the last phrase.

"What's the last phrase?" Violet asked.

"The third phrase is the central theme of the novel Anna Karenina, but I've never read it."

"That's why you asked about it earlier. You needed somebody to help you open the door." Violet nodded.

"There are people I'm looking for. People I've lost." Q uttered.

"Us too." Klaus said quietly.

"Our mother and father." Violet looked at the ground.

"Sunny. (Y/n)"

Your heart skipped a beat. Klaus was looking for you? Q glanced in your direction and then back at the Baudelaires.

"We can find them, but only if you can tell me the central theme of the novel Anna Karenina."

Klaus nodded and told Q the central theme. The door was stuck but it soon opened.

You guys walked through the door, expecting to see volunteers around. Only to see the whole place burnt.

"One of our parents has to be here! Jacques Snicket said there was a survivor of the fire." Violet said in confusion.

"There is." Q shared.

"Where?" Klaus asked.

"Here. I survived the fire that destroyed my home."

"Duncan?" Violet asked.

"Quigley." Q revealed, lifting his mask off his face,"Quigley Quagmire."

Klaus and Violet stood there in shock.

"Wait. Then who are you?" Klaus asked, trying to regain himself after hearing about Quigley.

You hesitated, "I thought you would have recognized my voice, Klaus."

You pulled your mask off, afraid to look at Klaus directly in his eyes.

What you didn't expect was Klaus tackling you in a hug.

"I found you after all this time." Klaus smiled. "I missed you."

You smiled back at him, "I missed you too."