「31」Quagmires

★·

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

"You know why we can't tell her/him." Mrs. Quagmire said.

"But s/he needs to know what happened to her/his par-" A few books collapse to the floor. The Quagmire parents turn around to see Quigley.

Quigley quickly spoke, "Duncan, why can't you pick up after yourself?"

"I'm not the one who knocked them over." Duncan grumbled and glared at Quigley.

You quietly laughed with Isadora at the two as the Quagmire parents shake their heads.

"You would have failed Eavesdropping class if you went to my school." Mr. Quagmire said.

"Your school sounds amazing!" You said, thinking about how you would love to go there.

"Well," Mrs. Quagmire glanced at her husband, "it was. Now, what are you kids doing up at this time?"

You shared a look with Quigley, "Um well-"

"We were going to get midnight snacks," Quigley said.

"Right, and you would have failed at lying too," Mr. Quagmire crossed his arms, looking at his children and their friend.

You look down, feeling ashamed as Quigley inched closer to you. He placed an arm around you, giving you a side hug.

Mrs. Quagmire sets her hand on her husband's shoulder. "You can go, but I don't want to see you kids down here until morning. Alright?"

"Yes Ma'am." Quigley saluted and grabbed your hand, going back up to his room.

Duncan and Isadora followed after you two.

"I can't believe we got caught!" Isadora said, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Well, Quigley was the one who knocked the books over." Duncan pointed at Quigley.

"But-"

"Whatever. We got caught. It doesn't matter," you shook your head.

Quigley held your hands, "But it does matter! We'll find out about your parents, (Y/n). I promise!"

You look into his eyes, "Are you sure you can keep that promise?"

"Of course. We'll hear it from them or we'll find out by ourselves. Next time we will!" Quigley spoke with determination.

"Next time?"

"Next time." Quigley gave you a firm nod.