「23」Larry

For @TheFifthBaudelaire

★·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·'¯'·.·★

Walking into the Anxious Clown restaurant, you twiddled your thumbs anxiously. You needed a job and money. You asked one of the people working there that you had an interview and they directed you the way.

You sat down and tapped your knee repeatedly. After a few minutes, a guy came in. He seemed to be about your age and was tall.

You stood up and shook his hand.

"Hello, my name is (Y/n). You are?"

"Uh Larry but I'm not the manager." He said, nervously.

"Oh. Where's the manager then?" You asked.

"He assigned me to interview you."

You raised an eyebrow, "Okay"

"Yeah. Let's get started."

With that, Larry started the interview. You both got off the topic sometimes but you had a lot of fun in this interview.

Once the interview was over, you said goodbye to Larry. You hoped for the job but your head was clouded with negative thoughts.

A few days later, you got the job. You spent most of your time with Larry, since he was a waiter and you were a cook. Most days you both would goof off. You were happy until Larry told you something he was holding back.

"You'd be great for V.F.D. Honestly, you would." Larry said across the counter from you.

"I don't want to be a part of a secret organization, Larry. I just want to live a happy life." You whisper-shouted.

"You would have a happy life. I'll be there by your side."

"But–"

"Listen, the Baudelaire's will be here soon and so will Olaf in disguise. You can decide then, okay?"

"Fine." You stated.

The bell ranged, indicating someone had entered the restaurant.

"That's them," Larry said, walking out the doorway of the kitchen.

You sighed and got ready to cook for the Baudelaires. Larry came back and stared at you as he placed down the order.

"Have you made your decision?" Larry asked.

"Yes, I don't want to be a part of it."

"Can I say something that will might change your mind?"

"Depends on what it is."

"I think you're beautiful and amazing. And I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

You froze, "What?"

"You can say no. I'm not forcing you to say yes. It's just that I don't want to leave you when the Baudelaires leave. That's why I want you come with me."

Your mind raced with thoughts. If you go, that means you lose your job and apartment. If you don't, you lose a best friend and an opportunity to make the world a better place.

What will you choose?

A/n: Thank you so much for the reads and votes. For this one I tried to match his personality even though I don't know much about him and I thought the ending could be a choice one.

Also, I'll be going on a hiatus for a while because of some personal problems. I hope you all understand. I'll update here and there but I just thought you guys should know.

Have an amazing day/evening/night!💜