Part twenty four- Prom

Months passed and myself and Crawford were stronger than ever,i was so comfortable with him it was unreal. We were more like bestfriends than boyfriend and girlfriend.

The end of the school year rolled around pretty quickly,our last year of highschool and it was at an end already. It was really sad to think about,all of us going our seperate ways. Finding our ways in this crazy world.

I walked down to my locker to grab the last couple things and put them in my bag to take home. It was wierd to know I won't use these lockers anymore,or walk these halls or anything to do with the school really. It was the last week of school and everyone in our year was clearing their stuff out ready to leave.

It brought home the realisation that after Friday the people I spent my last year with won't be around everyday anymore. Were all taking different directions in life. Hanna,my bestfriend was going to college in California. Jay was going to be a mechanic in LA and so many others were leaving to persue their dreams.

I looked through each item and reminiscing over the memories they reminded me of when I felt two hands fold around my waist.

I turned around and saw Crawford. He was one of the only people I knew of who were staying in Canada and I was happy,we were planning to stay here together and build a life and eventually a family.

"Hey you."

"Hey beautiful, I need to ask you something." Crawford replied. I saw he had something hidden behind his back.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Will you go to prom with me?" he pulled out a bunch of white roses and handed them to me.

"OMG YES!!" I shouted.

I leaped into his arms and kissed him.

"Yes,yes,yes." I kept saying.

there was so much to do,i wasted no time and immediately called hanna to come shopping after school to get our dresses.

Friday came and everything was ready,I had my dress,my shoes,my bag everything I needed. Crawf was picking me up at 7 and was obviously my date.

It was 5pm and I decided to start getting ready. I jumped in the shower and washed my body,hair and shaved my legs.

I ran too my room,dried my hair and began to style it. I curled my hair and put two strands from the front twisted to the back. I did my makeup light but effective to cover my blemishes. I didn't like wearing a lot of makeup and crawf preferred it when I didn't wear makeup,he likes the natural look on me,he think it's cute.

I took my dress out of the dry cleaners bag it came in to protect it and put it on. My dress was baby pink and to the floor with diamanté detailing on the bust. it wasn't puffy it was elegant. I tried a puffy one and it just didn't suit my small figure.

I looked in the mirror and was actually happy with how I looked. I looked in closer to my eyes and just stared for a minute or two. I saw the pain my father had caused,i saw the deceit,the lies. I realised that pain will never fully disappear,but I also saw happiness,happiness caused by crawford. Before I met crawford I wasn't happy in life,didnt feel like I belonged but now I do.

The doorbell rang and stood there in his little tuxedo and black vans was crawford. he looked smart but cute.

"You look beautiful babe." he told me.

"Thankyou,you look pretty good yourself." I winked.

I said goodbye to my mom,took Crawfords hand and went to my one and only prom.

The night was awesome,everyone got along,at the end everyone said there goodbyes and I gave a huge hug to hanna.

'Ill miss you more than anything."

"Back at you." I tried to smile but the tears took over and with that she left. I didn't know if I'd ever see her again but I was happy for her,she was getting to do what she had always wanted. I'll miss her.