Part twenty five-Forever

*60 years ahead*
Life was good to us. Me and crawford got married and went on to have 3 children; Kian,Jess and Alice. They were our world,our family was everything to us.
Jess and Kian both had children,we had 4 stunning grandchildren and we were proud of all of our children and our grandchildren. Kian went on to be a car mechanic,Jess a musician and Alice a vet.
It was a beautiful day outside and we had all the grandchildren over for a little family get together BBQ type of thing when my health took a turn for the worse. My health had been deteriorating for a while and I told crawford and the kids but I just couldn't break it to the grandchildren,it would break them to pieces.
I remember when it all started,when my chest was on fire and it was like my body was caving in on itself. I fell to the ground in agony when crawford called 911. shortly after being taken to hospital and having tests ran on me they diagnosed me with severe heart failure. They said in my case I had 6 months to live. Those six months led up to now. I knew I didn't have long so I wanted to get the family together as often as I could,I wanted to break the news gently.
"I need to tell you all something." I reached for Crawfords hand as I sat down for support and comfort.
"I don't have long left,i want you to know I love you all." a tear came to my eye as did to everyone else. I told them about the condition and they were all very understanding and heart broken.
That moment the burning sensation retuned,worse than ever before. I held my chest and screamed for crawford to call for the ambulance. I struggled for breath.
Kian and Jess raced over whilst Alice kept the children calm.
"Stay calm mom,its okay." Kian repeated in my ear time and time again. This had happened a few times before but never this bad,the pain was unbearable. I knew this time it was it,i wasn't going to make it through this battle.
Crawfords pov;
"Hello 911 what's your emergency?"
"It's my wife she's gone into cardiac arrest." I replied.
"And how old is she?"
"She's 76"
"Okay well get help to you as soon as possible."
This was it,id seen this happen to her time and time again but never like this. I would ask her how bad the pain was and she would always reply with an 8 but this time she couldn't even hold up her hands. Her body was over taken with pain and suffering.
The ambulance finally arrived and I went with her in the back whilst Kian,Jess and Alice stayed with the kids and tried to explain what was going on to them.
"I'll call you if there's any news." I told Kian patting him on the shoulder.
The whole journey to the hospital was chilling,not knowing what was going to happen hoping my dear wouldn't leave me in this cold world. I held her hand tighter than ever before.
Hours later after being sat waiting for news Kian arrived.
"Jess and Alice are comforting the kids." he told me. "how is she?"
"I haven't seen her yet,there still trying to fix her." I replied. "I think this might be it son." I looked to the ground.
Kian put his hands on his head ,looked to the ground and sobbed silently. I looked up and saw a doctor standing there.
"Mr collins?" he asked.
"Yes?" I stood up.
"We've tried tirelessly for the past 4 hours to get your wife's heart to beat properly again but every time we stop tying it fails again,we've put her on life support." he began to explain.
"Surely you can make it better again?" I asked wiping away my tears.
"The more we try the more pain she feels,it would be unfair to her,were going to turn of life support."
I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders as kian comforted me.
"You probably want to say your goodbyes,come with me." he led us to the room ella was in,lifeless and still.
Ella's pov;
Doctors worked on me for hours and though I couldn't move I could hear between my flashes of life. I knew I wasn't going to make it and so every ten minutes or so a memory of my life would flash across my mind.
I remembered everything from high school about myself and Crawford. My life flashed across my mind and I knew I had a matter of minutes.
Crawford walked through the door and sat beside me. He held my hand and started talking to me. I couldn't reply but I could hear and see him.
"Thankyou so much ella,for giving me this life,for letting me be the one to love you." a tear fell from his eyes.
"You made life worth living,god knows I'm going to miss you for the rest of my days." he said as he stroked my face,Crawford looked at the machine and saw my heart rate was slowing. The doctor walked in and crawf told me the last words I ever heard.
"I love you ella collins. I always have and always will. You and me forever."
With that the doctor turned of the machine,my eyes closed and my heart stopped beating forever.
Out of all my life the beginning wasn't the best,i was broken. All I wanted was love,someone to tell me everything would be okay,to be my forever and I finally had it. The man I loved and always will love proved to me love can be forever if you find the right one and I did. Crawford collins is my forever,always was and always will be.
Authors note;
Thankyou guys so much for reading this fanfiction,i never thought it would have got 100 reads let alone over 6k reads. I'm so thankful to my readers and there support,it means a lot. So yeah my crawford collins fanfic is at an end which makes me kind of sad but I hope you liked the final chapter and the whole story. I will be writing a chris collins fanfiction soon so look out for that but thankyou to every one who read this fanfiction-soph💕