Chapter Thirteen

All day there were whispers about the second stage of training. No one, not even the Dauntless-born could train for this stage. So it was bound to be pretty rough.

I had to admit, I was extremely nervous. Raelynn had said hers was awful, she just wouldn't tell me what would happen. For this, the Dauntless-born were all together.

"Hey, V!" An all too familiar voice chirps from beside me.

"Don't call me that," I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" She asked, and it isn't until now that I hear the fake sympathy in her voice.

She never wanted to be friends with me, how had I never noticed.

How had I never noticed until now that she always was with Max, I'm so dumb, looking off into the distance, she never was looking off into the distance. She was looking at Max. They're table was right behind us, she was always looking in that direction. I'm so dumb, how had I not realized this?

"Via, it's your turn," Alex calls into the room, as I stand up shakily, terror probably clearly written on my face. Why? You may ask.

Because Max walked out of the looking in rough shape, he doesn't seem like the type to be afraid of things, or not as bad as he looked.

I slowly walked in, and Alex closed the door behind me, sitting down on one of those fun spinny chairs as he gestured towards a chair that looked much like the aptitude test and a dentist chair. I slowly sit down and watch him, no not creepily, normally, as he typed something into a computer.

Then he swirled back around in the spinny chair, "Okay, I'm going to transport you into a simulation-"

"Like the one from the aptitude test?"

"Kind of, only this one will be digging down into your deepest, darkest fears," he answers, and I look at him oddly.

"That didn't sound creepy at all," I murmured to myself but he chooses to ignore me.

"Most people have fifteen to twenty fears, I had seventeen," he continued, and I nod my head, "and I'm going to do this quickly because your sister mentioned-"

"Oh!" I screech as the syringe is inserted into my neck, "get that thing out of me!"

"that you were afraid of needles," he continued, before pulling it back out.

"Oh, great," I muttered before my eyes began to flutter closed.

I awake back in the gardens of Amity. Why would I be here? I look around, confusion written on my face. I begin to walk around and see a bunch of big, fat bumble bees on a set of dandelions. I slowly back off and hear Raelynn's voice in my head.

"If you don't bother them, they won't bother you," she says and I scoff.

Those things are evil, them and their big fluffyness and stingers. Ugh, they're absolutely horrifying. They glance up and raise from their positions from the flowers and begin buzzing towards me.

As I'm backing up, a group of wasps join them, their creepy legs hanging as they fly, and they turn a bright red. Yes, they are normally a more born color, but they are red as of right now, as if you've messed with their nest.

My breathing picks up and I turn around and sprint as far as I can. I try my best to not look back, but when I do a shriek escapes my mouth as I turn back around, only to be met with different types of spiders. Tarantulas, wolf spiders, widow spiders, crab spiders, everything else. It's so horrifying.