Chapter Fifteen

My eyes calmly flutter open, and I sigh. No nightmares? But I soon feel something wrapped around my stomach and I look down to see a pair of arms wrapped around me.

My eyes widen, and I try to discreetly unwrap myself from them. Soon enough I give up because every time I try to he just pulls me closer to him.

He? Who even...

Eric?

I don't think he plans on letting me go, might as well relax. A few minutes later, I feel him let out a slightly loud yawn, his grip loosening a bit.

"You make a good body pillow, Liv," I fake sleep, hoping he'll buy it, "I know you're awake,"

I groan in response as he gets up, I have to admit he's pretty warm. Huh, I always thought Eric was cold-blooded.

'No, you didn't, don't lie to yourself,' a voice says in my head, and I inwardly roll my eyes, 'you always thought about how he's just misunderstood,'

"Liv? Are you listening?" I hear an impatient Eric sigh before standing in front of me.

I sit up, a small pout on my lips, "what?"

"I was saying, that I'm going to cook us breakfast -if you want- after I take a shower," he says a bit hesitantly.

"Sure, I guess, just don't, like, poison me," he rolls his eyes at that.

"I would never," he teased, a light smile on his lips.

"Is Eric, the Eric, smiling?" I ask, fake shock on my face.

"Oh, shut up," he grumbles before heading into a room that I remember to be the bathroom.

Why haven't I left yet? I could always just, walk out the door... But there's like this invisible pull that just plants my feet where they are. I never expected Eric to have a clean, modern-like room.

Before long, he's exited the bathroom in nothing but a pair of sweatpants and I immediately avert my eyes. His abs are absolutely drool-worthy. Like, seriously! Does he work out twenty-four seven or something?

'Yes, he is a Dauntless leader, ya know,' the voice occurs once again.

"Like what you see? Your face is as red as a tomato," he barked out a laugh, my cheeks flaming up, I shook my head.

"Psh, no," I mumbled, hiding my face behind my hair.

"You're adorable," he laughed, and I glance over, a ghost of a smile present on his face.

"Alright then, what's for breakfast?" I questioned, and he shrugged his arms.

"I dunno," he looks through some of his cabinets, "what do you want?"

He's letting me choose?

"Okay, I want twelve pancakes, a box of sausages, five biscuits, some gravy to go with it, three pans of eggs, scrambled, please, and a glass of orange juice," I smirked, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean..." He looked through his fridge and shrugged his arms, "I have the stuff-"

"I was kidding, biscuit and gravy?" I laughed quietly and he nodded his head.

"Sure," he turned around and got the stuff for what I chose.

He seemed like he knew what he was doing, and it made me think of my grandmother. She always made this for me, always. She was the best cook ever, in my eyes.

"You seem pretty lost in thought," his voice echoes in the small room, and I look up, his piercing blue eyes already on mine.

"Yeah..." I answer quietly, resting my head on the table.