Chapter Eighteen

I'm not going to listen to him, he doesn't get to just control my life. I mean, yeah he's my instructor and leader, but it's a party. What could be so bad? Why does he care anyway? It's a flipping party!

I wonder what kind of party it is, so I decided to go to my sister's apartment, she always has pretty good style... My scars have faded thankfully, so I should be able to wear anything that she throws at me. That doesn't mean I can't decline lingerie though.

She welcomed me in ecstatic that I had chosen her to... Pick out my clothes.

"So who asked you?" She had questioned, rummaging through her drawer looking for the best outfit.

"Eric, I was kind of surprised, to say the least," oh and we've been sleeping in the same bed, too?

"Wow, he doesn't really attend these things," she answered shocked, "I guess things can change,"

"These things can change," I sang along to Taylor Swift's song 'Change' as my sister rolled her eyes at me, "you gave me a chance and I took it,"

"Of course you did," she laughed, and I straightened up, smiling proudly, "Alright, so here's what I've found, believe me, I got invited and everyone else was dressed up really nice, you'll want to wear these and not something casual,"

I stared at the two black dresses, deciding to go with the plain dress first. I go into her bathroom, shrugging off my plain black clothing, putting on the formal black dress.

It was sleeveless but had a bit of a ruffle look around the shoulders, and stopped about thigh length, and it had a bit of a ruffle at the end too, very discreet but it was there.

She paired the dress with a pair of black four-inch heels that I'll get myself killed in and a small black clutch.

(Better view, I can't exactly describe stuff very well lol)

"Why would I need a clutch thing?" I shouted, I mean, it's not that formal.

"I don't know! It looked good!

"If I chose this outfit, I won't be bringing the clutch because it looks weird to me!"

"Fine," I heard her mumble.

The next dress was very... Revealing, but I liked it, kind of. I just don't think it would suit me very well. I tugged the first dress off and pulled the new one on. It was black, once again. Only it was striped with a see-through black strip for every solid black strip.

But when it reached the waist it was the solid black all the way to the end of the skirt, then it was see-through once again. It was also sleeveless.

She had paired this up with a pair of strappy black heels, and a bundle of black and silver bracelets.

I really liked this one, I just wasn't sure about showing so much skin... But I think I'm going to go with it anyway.

I walked out of the room, and gave a tiny twirl, only to fall mid-twirl, because I'm clumsy. And I'm even clumsier when I'm on five-inch heels.

"Watch it there, sis," she giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, well I guess I should head out, see ya," I chirped, walking out of the door.

The thought of wondering why he wouldn't want me to go is still in the back of my mind as I walk down the dark and gloomy hallways.

"I told you not to come," he murmured once he saw me, and I shrugged my shoulds.

"And I told you I didn't care," I paused, "it's rude to uninvite someone baby doll,"

"Liv," he growled from behind me and I felt his breath on the back of my neck, I swiftly turned around.

We're touching noses, we're close, my brain says too close but I don't care. I enjoy the closeness.

"Eric," I mumbled, and he sighed, shaking his head before stepping back, the small warmth from his body leaving.

"Fine, I warned you, so you can't get mad at me," he released an exasperated sigh, and I frowned.

We walked in and sat down at a table full of some of the other initiates, it was all fine until they asked for a picture of the initiates by themselves. I instantly felt as though that was a bit sketchy.

I made sure to stand on the far end.

A very professional-looking photographer stood in front of us as the rest of Dauntless smirked, I glanced over at Eric.

'Move,' he mouthed, making sure no one else saw him.

I glanced up.

Buckets.

Many buckets.

One tilted, the others were clueless.

I moved away, and a few seconds later the buckets were released, rainbow paint splattered across all of them, and I let out a gasp of surprise, everyone else shrieking and screeching coming from them, and I can't help but die of laughter with the other Dauntless members.

"That was great," I giggled as the other initiates kept screeching, beginning to glare at me.

"Okay, well that was it, party is over, have fun kids, all in a good days work!" one of the Dauntless leaders shouts, trying to keep a straight face but epically failing.

The initiates had piled out, grumbling and whining about how unfair that was, I stuck around to laugh at their priceless faces, their once plain solid black outfits now splotched with rainbow paint.

I soon left once the last initiate did though, and as I was walking down the hallway I heard feet jog up next to me.

"I warned you-"

"But I don't have paint on me," I grinned up at him cheekily.

"Only because I told you, baby doll" he scoffed back and I rolled my eyes.

"Uh, actually," I cut in, "I already knew because I felt as though something was off, always trust ya gut," 

"Of course that's something you believe in, baby doll"

"It isn't a bad thing, I just haven't gone with it several times and got myself into trouble,"

"Oh,"

"And why do you keep calling me that?" I raised an eyebrow and he let out a deep chuckle.

"Because I like to," he whispered, and I looked down, biting my lower lip to keep the smile from making its way onto my face.

Why does he do this to me? He makes me feel so crazy, like a school girl. He makes me forget that he's a leader and these kinds of actions are looked down upon.

Then, we are left in a silence that is somewhat calming and doesn't make me want to slam my head into a wall which doesn't happen much.