Chapter:1

I sat in the stands listening to the lights of the stadium buzz and the announcer. It's playoffs. The boys earned this one this year. In August the school held a fundraiser for new shoulder pads and gear for the football team. Each shirt bought went to the boy with the number.

My brother gave me nearly a thousand for a lineman. I got the tee shirt and long sleeve. I didn't want to know who it was for. I got it a size up on the long sleeve and my size in tee shirt. What I didn't realize was that it was one of the ego boys on the team.

He's not bad out of school but in school he needs his ego knocked down multiple pegs. Number 55. I was sitting in class earlier and got catcalled by a few of the football players. I guess most of them didn't like him very much though. I did get a note passed to my desk bout changing my shirt.

My brother was nice enough to let me have a coat he outgrew so I'd have something warm during football games. This is the whole town in the stands. My brother and past senior football players sat above me. Those that stuck around. The first play off game of our season was being held here.

As I sat there watching, the guys came out. I will say the whole town cheered as they came out. As they gathered around the bench, the crowd settled. His eyes caught mine. He's not popular, he's known for his tackles though.

The whole game I cheered when needed and watched. When the other team would score points the crowd would boo them out. I wasn't into the game that much. My friends though were full fledged into it. Yelling screaming at the boys. The whole student section was full.

That's why I was over here. His eyes kept catching mine. His brother is a buddy of my brother. Started out as drinking buddies and went from there. At the end of the game, I stood and followed the crowd. I always stayed with my brother during games.

It kept boys from doing anything to me. Especially those that have already started drinking. We won definitely and are advancing to the next playoff game. "Belle, you going with me or home?" Drew asked. "You. Can't be let out of celebrating." I said.

I followed him to his truck. He unlocked it. "Mind if we have two more ride along with us?" He asked. "No." I answered getting into the passenger seat. When Matthew got in, I knew it had to be number 55. I didn't say anything as the door behind me opened and he got in. He's never bugged me to be honest.

When we got to the bar, I got out and went inside following Matthew. He went directly to the bar and got four beers. I sat down in a booth with my friends. Matthew set one of the beers in front of me. I took a chug of it. "Are you still going for him?" Annie asked. "It's my only football shirt." I said.

"How warm is it?" She asked. "Really warm." I answered. When I took my coat off, a few of the players started crowding us. All of my friends allowed them. I just kept downing my beer. At the end of the night, I was the most sober. Drew willingly let me drive Matthew and his brother home along with himself and I.

I got a hot bath before crawling into bed. Life is too hard for me.