Chapter:8

I stood there talking to Melissa's husband as I was getting food at the baseball game. I spotted Blake looking at us. He did not look very happy. I finished getting what I needed before going back to my seat with Carla and Annie. "Someone didn't look happy that you were talking to another male." Carla said. "It was Annie's brother in law." I said.

"Try to explain that to dear boyfriend." Annie said. "I'll try." I said. At the end of the game, I went directly up to Blake. "What?" He asked. "Do you know who that was in the concession line?" I asked. "Don't want to know." He said. "He's married." I said as he gathered his stuff together. "So you talked to a 'married' man." He said.

"It's Annie's brother in law." I said. "Her sister finally got married after breaking Matt's heart?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "She went to college and found some guy, they hit it off and got married." I said. He glared. "Don't look at me like that. You know I'm not the cheating type." I said. "Not yet." He said.

"Every time I would move around to your other side, it was because one of your so called buddies touched me inappropriately." I said. "Too late to say anything Abi. Have fun finding a ride home." He said. "You know what Matt and Drew would do if you left me here!" I said. He stopped and looked at me with a glare.

"Then I want my letterman back. Your on your own for a coat." He said. I followed him out. The parking lot was deserted. He threw his bag into the backseat and got in. I did too. I took the jacket off throwing it into the backseat. We stayed on opposite sides of the truck. He dropped me off at home and left faster than I could blink.

I don't know why it hurt. I told the truth and got hurt in the process. I loved being with Blake. I entered the house and went straight to my room. "Abigail." Drew called out to me. I locked my door and flopped onto my bed. A knock came to my door. "Abi. Speak." Drew said. "He doesn't believe me." I said. "Who?" He asked.

"Don't want to talk about it." I said. He unlocked the door and came in. I pulled a pillow over my head. He closed the door behind him and sat down on my bed. "Abi. Who doesn't believe you?" He asked. "I went to the concession stand to get something to eat and drink. Damion came up behind me and started making small talk." I started.

"Melissa's husband?" He asked. "Yes." I answered. "We chatted while waiting our turns in line. Blake saw that I was talking to him. Then when I went to confront Blake after the game, he completely shut it down and wouldn't listen." I said.

"Your the same way." He said. "I would have listened though." I said. "And maybe he listened and didn't like what he heard." He said. "He said that I was cheating." I said. "You don't have time to cheat between family, friends, school and him." Drew said. "You try telling him that. I made him give me a ride home because I knew you or Matt or even both would gang up on him for leaving me in a different town." I said.

"You can be mean too." Drew told me. "It was hurtful coming from him." I said. "Two months being together and everything going well will do that to you." He said. "I want the pain to go." I said. "It will over time." He said. I kept crying for who knows how long. Drew started rubbing my back.

I guess he knew something like this would have happened.