Chapter:15

That morning I got up and made sure my nails were still good. I got dressed in a button up shirt and shorts before going to get my hair and makeup done. By lunch I was going to get into my dress. Good thing it didn't rain yesterday. "Geez. I hope he's got a plan for afterwards." Drew said. "I don't know what we are doing." I said.

"Wouldn't tell ya?" He asked. "Nope." I said. I had him drive me to the park where we have our pictures done. Blake was already waiting on me. "I really don't like this color." He said gesturing to the tie." I shrugged. "Your eyes are popping." I said. He scoffed. "You are absolutely stunning." He said before pulling a peach colored corsage out. He offered it to me.

I let him slip it on. We took pictures for maybe an hour before we went to eat. Blake helped me into the truck and closed the door. He then went around to the other side. He got in and started it up. "Ready?" He asked. "Yes." I said.

When we got to the restaurant, he got out ahead of me and came around to my side. He opened the door and held out his hand. I took it as he helped me out of the truck. We walked to the door with me holding onto his arm. He opened it for me and let me enter first.

Blake went up to the host podium and asked for a specific thing. The hostess nodded before he took my hand. We were led to a table and he pulled my chair out for me. He pushed it back in when I was sat down. He then took his seat. He ordered our drinks before asking what I would like to eat.

I let him know and he was agreeing with me. We ordered the same thing before talking until our food came. It wasn't easy holding it together when we would fight, but it was always worth going back to each other in the end. When we were done, he took my hand and we walked out of the restaurant.

On our way home he broke news that a few colleges were looking at him to play football with them. "Who's all looking at you?" I asked. "TCU, Texas Tech, University of Texas, Texas A&M, I'm also looking at schools that you can get your basics and nursing at while I'm doing football." He said.

"What about after football?" I asked. "I'll be trying for a degree in marketing." He said. "What kind of marketing?" I asked. "General to start. I'll get into more depth as the four years progress." He said. "And I'll be your support to keep going." I said. "I would love for you to go with me." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He stopped the truck since we were at the school. He got out and came around to my side. He opened the door and helped me out. We were at the place we always had prom. He led me around to the sidewalk and stopped. "I want to wake up to your face every morning Abigail. I never liked being apart from you. I want to be with you every second of the rest of our lives." He said.

I looked at him oddly. "I'll only go to the same college as you." He said. "I love you Abigail. Everyone can see that we are great together. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said. "This may be sudden, but I did ask for permission."

He knelt down and pulled a ring out. "I've watched you every day since my family moved her and our brothers became friends. Now that I know your the one, Abigail Belle Stevens, will you make me the happiest boy here tonight and marry me?" He asked. I chuckled. Then nodded. "Yes." I said. I nodded again saying yes again. He stood and kissed me.

He had a wide smile on his face. He slipped the ring onto my finger. A perfect fit. He pulled me closer to him and held me close. "I love you Abigail." He said lowly. "I love you too Blake."

"