Chapter:14

I sat at my house waiting for Blake to pick me up. Everyone was in complete shock when they saw us back together. The fair is in town this weekend and we were planning to go. He texted saying that he was here. I got up off my bed and ran out the door. I hopped into his truck. He did have to get a new one after his old one broke down the night we broke up the first time.

We got there in no time. "You know it's gonna be cool after dark." He said. "Do you have a jacket with you?" I asked. He reached into the backseat. "Don't get it dirty baby." He said handing it to me. We got out. I tied it around my waist. He pulled me to his side. "What do we want to do first?" He asked. "How bout we test out your muscles and get some prizes." I said.

"Yes ma'am." He said as he led us through. We went on some rides and played some games. I dragged Blake to the last game. It was after dark near ten. "No. You know I can't throw baseballs." He said. "It's not baseballs. This is footballs." I said. He smirked. I had his hoodie on since it had gotten cool out. I stood back as he threw each.

"Please pick a prize from the top." The guy at the game said. "The giant blue teddy bear." Blake told him. The guy got it down and handed it to Blake. "Do I need to carry it?" He asked. "Probably." I told him. He pulled it up to where it won't reach the ground. We walked to his truck.

He threw the bear into the backseat and let me get in

He threw the bear into the backseat and let me get in. We went to his house and got cleaned up. Then crawled into his bed. He pulled me to his body holding me to him. He kissed the top of my head. We cuddled up together. I fell asleep without even trying. I woke up to banging. "Stay here." Blake said moving me out of the way.

He opened the door and slipped out. A few minutes later he came back grumbling. "Come on. Wanna go somewhere else?" He asked. "Where?" I asked. "Anywhere we won't get into trouble." He said. "Still don't know where." I told him.

"Get dressed and we will go do something." He said. A crash sounded. Then mumbled yelling. Blake went to his dresser and got a shirt. Then changed into jeans while I was pulling mine on. I pulled my tank on and then my boots. Blake grabbed my bag and peeled out the door before motioning me to follow.

I followed close behind him right out the front door. He opened the passenger side door for me and lifted me in. He then hurried around and got in throwing my bag in the backseat. He started his truck and backed out of the drive. We went directly to somewhere else. "Sorry bout that." He said.

"For what? It's not your fault that your parents are fighting." I said. "Yeah. It's mostly like that when they're not in public." He said. "Crazy then?" I asked. He chuckled. "Yeah." He answered. We passed the school. Going to grandma's. He parked in her driveway and got out. He came around to my side and opened the door.

Then helped me out. We walked up to the door and he just walked right in like usual. "I hope that Easter shirt still fits you Blake." His grandmother said as she spotted him. "Good morning to you too Mamaw." Blake said. "Abigail! Come and see me darling!" She cooed.

I gave her a hug before she said that we were just in time for breakfast. Blake and I sat down with her and held a nice conversation until she asked Blake to put that white button up shirt on. Prom is next week. He came out of the bedroom that it was hanging up in and stood in front of us.

"Close your eyes. Your girl is amazing." His grandma said. She buttoned the top button and put the tie on. "Now look." She said holding a mirror up. "Could have warned me that it was blue." He said. "It's blue satin." I said. "You know my hate for blue." He said. "You would do it for me." I said.

He grumbled under his breath. "You love me." I said smiling. "Alright. Cream colored corsage?" He asked. "What ever color you want." I said. He pulled me to him. "What else do I need to get?" He asked. "Don't you have a tux somewhere?" I asked. "Yeah. The pants may still fit. The jacket though..." "a vest?" I asked. "I do have one that fits." He said.

"Black boots?" I asked. He chuckled carefully twisting us. "I guess the only thing we need to plan is where to eat." He said. "How bout an out of town place. Sit down casually fancy." I said. "Plan." He said.