Chapter:7

I sat in second period playing billiards with Blake. The bell rang faster than it was supposed to. He walked me to my third period class kissing my temple before I walked in. Since he started walking me to class the others have left me alone. As soon as it was over I went to my fourth. That class seemed to drag on. By the end of it, Blake was waiting outside the classroom door for me. He walked with me to his truck. "Lunch should already be inside." He said.

He opened my door before making sure I was in. Then got into the backseat and came around to get in. "I'm pretty sure it's been a good while since you've had my grandmother's cooking." He said. "You didn't have to!" I said. "She called last night saying that she wanted to make me lunch. I asked if she could make two servings. She did not mind." He said pulling one container out of the thermal bag. He handed me a fork.

I ate on the way to votech while he drove. Once there, he parked and ate with me. "It's been too long." I told him. "Maybe date night one night, we can go have dinner with her." He said. "That would be sweet." I said. "I've got to house sit for her this weekend. Would you like to come along?" He asked. "Why not." I answered.

He smiled. Right before the bell rang, I kissed him and got out. I waved to him as he backed out and left. I went to class. The class was quiet again as I entered wearing his jacket. So my boyfriend lends me his jacket. So what? I didn't talk if they didn't want me to say anything. When the final bell rang, I was out and going directly to Blake. "I've got to hurry you home. The coach is starting to catch onto me being gone for thirty minutes each day." He said.

"I told you not to miss any practice." I told him. "I don't like baseball all that much Abi. You know it." He said. "Drop it then!" I said. "I need something to do with my time." He said opening the door. "I know a way we could pass time." I said. "I do too." He said getting in. I buckled in and leaned across the console. He kissed my forehead.

When we got to my house, he waited for me to turn and kiss him. "I'll see ya after practice. Our families are getting together to go out to eat." He said. "See you then." I told him before kissing him. As soon as I entered the house Drew spotted me. "Couldn't take ya to practice?" He asked. "It's too cold for me to sit in the bleachers." I said.

He didn't push it. "Did you know about our families getting together for dinner?" I asked. "Yeah. Parents tried to keep it a secret. They want to know what's going on between you and Blake." He said. "Go ahead and tell them we're dating." I said going to get some random clothes.

I got a shower and did my makeup before fixing my hair. I then got dressed and was ready to go as soon as mom and dad said it was time to go. Once at the restaurant, Blake pulled me flush to his side. Our parents didn't notice at all. "You look beautiful Abi." He said. "And you look like your fresh out of the shower." I said. "That's because I am." He said.