Chapter:3

Blake texted asking if I needed a ride home. I sent a texted saying that he had baseball practice. 'Don't care. This is the only sport that Matt was better at than me.' He sent. I rolled my eyes before saying that I didn't need a ride. He then asked if we could go to dinner together. It's a Friday. Why not? Chances are, Matt and Drew will crash it.

'You know if we did, our brothers would crash it.' I sent. 'Don't care. They won't know where we are.' He sent. 'Ok. Why this fast?" I asked. 'We didn't have enough time at lunch to.' He said. True. 'Fine. Pick a time.' I said before putting my phone away. The rest of the day passed quickly. When the bell rang, I was about to go with my friend when I saw Blake waiting on me. He was leaning on the grill of his truck.

"Coach let us out early." He called out. I told my friend bye before going over to him. "Start early and take you home before curfew?" He asked. "Sounds good." I said. He opened the passenger door for me. I got in before he closed the door. He got in. "Where to first?" He asked.

"Wherever." I said. "Ok." He said before pulling out of the parking spot. After a few minutes he pulled into a parking lot of an abandoned gas station. "You know someone could drive by and see your truck." I said. "Can't go to my house or yours now can we? And there is no public place to go without someone wanting to get an earful of what we're talking bout." He said.

"Ok, what did we leave off this morning before I had to go to class?" I asked. "A lot." He said. "Catch me up." I said. "I've been subtle about it, none of the football guys know this. Matt does though. Drew does." He said. "I haven't been told anything." I said. "Told him to keep it a secret or I would randomly tackle him from out of nowhere." He said.

"Sounds like you." I said. "I don't want to keep this bottled up any more." He said. Now I was confused. "Would you go out with me?" He asked. "How long were you holding that in?" I asked. "Since I saw you in the short sleeve shirt with my name and football number." He said.

"Thought it was cute?" I asked. "You looked kind of bored wearing it." He said. "Needed a better reason?" I asked. "No. You do look cute when your smiling while wearing the shirt." He said. "Ok. What's the catch?" I asked. "There is no catch. We date, see where it leads us and go from there." He said.

"Got any baseball shirts?" I asked. He chuckled. "Well, if I'm gonna be playing girlfriend, I need a baseball shirt with your name and number." I said. "Cept, I don't want this to be pretend." He said. "I know. I'm not used to the idea at all of having a boyfriend." I said.

"I'm not used to it either, but I'm sure we'll get used to it." He said. "I'll agree as long as we can keep it a secret from every one in town for a week. And turn down any rumors anyone starts." I said. "Then let's go find stuff to get into so no one suspects anything." He said. I smiled and he put his truck in drive.

We went to sonic for supper before going out to the middle of what was a corn field. We ate and started playing question games. We caught a movie at the drive in before Drew called asking where I was. "Out with a friend." I replied. "Did you forget?" He asked. "What?" I asked. "You did. Andrea is here." He said. "I told you I don't like her." I said.

"You've never met her." He said. "I have. Three years before you. She was a B. to me I don't want anything to do with her. Mom and dad may like her, I don't she is a witch. She hates my guts." I told him. "Alright. If you two hate each other that much, I want to see it in person. Matt is over and is wondering where Blake is." "Alright. I'll be there in a few minutes." I said before hanging up.

"Need to go home?" Blake asked. "Yeah. This girl Drew is dating does not like me at all and he's dead set on wanting to marry her." I said. "Who is it?" He asked. "Her name is Andrea. I met her three years ago when I went to a quarterback club football dinner. I introduced myself since we were at the same table and she started talking to whoever was sitting next to her and whispering about me with me sitting there at the table.

"I didn't turn to the person next to me since it was it was Jacob and he wouldn't defend me. So when she called me a B, I finally just started muttering things under my breath until she noticed and then we got into an argument at the table. That night Jacob took my side along with the other guy at the table. You can ask him how that night ended. Then she started calling me everything under the sun on Facebook. She's blocked from every social media there is." I said.

Blake scoffed. "She sounds like one." He said. "She's crazy!" I said just before we got to my house. "I'll come in, in ten minutes so no one thinks anything of it." He said. "Might as well follow me in. Pull out an excuse that you pulled up as my 'friend' dropped me off." I said.