Chapter two

*GRADUATION DAY*

Y/N POV

I sit in my room currently watching the local high school graduation on my computer. As lexa was called up I was interrupted and you guessed it.

"Y/n Wells" I suddenly heard my dad opening the door and walking in wearing a grad cap and gown.

"What are you wearing" I giggled looking at him like he's crazy.

"Oh you know, a cap and gown. The faculty and staff always have to wear one at the graduation." He said handing me a cap which I thankfully accept.

Suddenly he speaks up "most importantly this would be for you." He hands me a slip that says "home high school diploma" with my name on it.

"I assume as the valedictorian, you have a speech prepared am i correct?" He says.

I said my speech basically thanking him for everything because well he was my teacher for each class which was the best well maybe not Phys ed but I couldn't be more thankful for him. He handed me an envelope. I opened to see what kind of card he could've gotten me.

"This is one of the lamest things I've ever seen dad!" I said laughing.

"Yes!" He said overly excited "I had to go to a few stores to find something this lame" he said

"I mean it's horrific" I said still laughing. "Yeah! It's the worst!" He joined in laughing.

"Oh I forgot! One more thing" he got up basically running which I laughed because he rarely ran.

He came back carrying a guitar case. I was really shocked I had to hold in some tears

"Is that moms guitar!?" I said with a smile as he handed it to me which I obviously opened right away.

"Yes. I mean I understand if you want a newer one" he replied I just got up and hugged him and said "no dad this is amazing oh my god! Thank you" I let him go and sat down holding the guitar to my body slightly strumming the strings my dad spoke up.

"You look just like your mother" he smiled "happy graduation. You should try get some sleep" he says and kisses my head and walks out. I closed my blinds and got into bed as I drift off into sleep.

*skip to a few hours*

(Still y/n pov)

I woke up to people honking their horns and people shouting well they must be having fun I got up and thought maybe I should go play my new gift at the train station. I went to go see my dad who was hanging up pictures to dry.

"So um dad I was thinking maybe I could go play my new gift at the train station?" I asked. He turned towards me and checked the time.

"It's 10pm y/n why can't clarke come over you could always play here for us you know" he says looking at me serious.

"But Clarke's busy with her family please dad I love playing for you both but I also need to get used to playing in front of new people please? You know chad will be there he'll watch out for me and I graduated today! Isn't that the American tradition? Staying out passed my curfew?" I said basically begging. He went into deep thought for a bit.

" uhh well okay I could extend your curfew ONE hour which means I want you home by 12 okay?" He said I got excited and hugged him tight

"hey! And make sure you text me when you get there I'm not gonna check in with chad I will come there myself and embarrass you in front of your audience don't test me y/n" he said staring at me.

"Yes I will dad!" I yelled as I ran into my room grabbing my guitar and changing my clothes

(A/N
And! There's chapter two)