Chapter 4: Finding things about the past..

Well everything today feels like a dream. “But it’s not a dream Tay, its real.” Lauren says looking up from her phone. “Did I say that out loud?” I ask embarrassed. “No, I can just tell that you were thinking that.” She says. Huh? “How?” I ask completely confused.

“Two reasons, one I’m your twin, and two I’m awesome.” She says. I laugh at her. “You may be my twin but you not as awesome as me.” I say. She laughs and rolls her eyes. “No but seriously did I say that out loud?” I ask. She laughs and nods. “I hate you.” I say with a laugh. She laughs and playfully kicks my arm since she is lying on her bed and I’m sitting at the foot of it. “Ouch. Laur your violent.” I say rubbing my arm. “Oh quit being a baby.” She says.

“Girls dinners ready!” Kath shouts up the stairs. I glance at Lauren smirking. I run out of the room with her on my toes. We race down the stairs but because I’m faster and taller I get down there first. I turn around and see her panting. I laugh. “Really Laur, your tired just from running down the stairs?” I ask laughing more. She glares at me. “You are going to come with me on a run tomorrow.” I tell her. “But-“ she starts.

“No if, ands, or buts about it your going. Now come on lets eat.” I say grabbing her hand. We walk into the dining room and everyone smiles and some laugh. Guessing they heard Lauren and I’s little talk. We sit down, Lauren to my left and Amy to my right. After we say grace and eat I run upstairs. Not again. Not again. No. I run into a room I don’t know which room it was. I shut the door behind me and slide down the door to the floor. I clutch my knees and try to control my breathing before I have a panic attack. Why are they back! My life is finally coming around and they come back to ruin it. Great. I hear knocks on the door behind me. I don’t want them to see me like this. They can’t know, not now, not ever. If they find out then they will pity me and that’s the last thing I need is more pity. I need to get out of here for a bit. I get up and open the door to be met by a pair of concerned brown eyes. Lauren. How did I know she would follow me? I don’t say anything. I just look at her.

“Tay, are you okay?” she asks hesitantly. I choose my words carefully. “Yeah, Laur, I’m fine. No need to worry. I’m going to go out for a bit. Be back soon okay?” I say calmly. She nods and hugs me. I’m surprised at first but hug her back and kiss her head. “Relax, Laur I’m okay, I will be back in about an hour or so.” I say calmly. Tears sting my eyes but I push them back. I will not let my little sister see me cry, no I’m stronger then that. “Can I come with you?” she asks. She knows something is wrong and wants to know. I know she just wants to help. I feel myself getting annoyed but I will not snap at my little sister.

“Maybe next time baby girl, I just need some time alone. You understand right?” I ask her carefully. She nods. “Hey, I know Dani wants to spend time with you. Go spend time with your Spice and I will be back before you know it alright?” I say. She is upset that she can’t come and I want tell her what’s wrong I can see it in her eyes. “Okay, I’ll see you soon.” She says and walks away to find Dani. I sigh in relief. Now just have to get out of here before some one else asks me. I walk down stairs and about to walk out the door when some one grabs my wrist. Well this hurts like hell. I spin around and I’m met with a pair of green eyes. Chrissy. “Where are you going?” she asks me. Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes as her hand still has a firm grip on my wrist. “On a walk, I need to clear my head a bit.” I say. She finally lets go of my wrist and I let out a sigh of relief.

“Okay, but be back before dark and be careful Tay.” She says. I nod and finally get out of the massive house. I plug in my headphones and listen to music as I walk. I end up at the beach. Ah, finally my favorite place to be. No one seems to be here, good. I find the rock I was at earlier today. I sit there and just take in the Malibu air. A lot happened in just one day. I ran away from ‘home’ flew here to Malibu, almost ended my life, got saved by my idol, turns out my idols are my sisters and I have a twin, now I live here, got asked to join the band, life seems good. On the outside at least, on the inside I’m still the same. I clutch my knees and look out into the ocean. Music consumes my thoughts and I finally relax. I sit there not thinking just sitting watching the water. I then realize the sky turn orange; sun is setting. I sit there and watch the beautiful sunset. I finally feel better and head home. By the time I reach the house it is dark. Well Chrissy is going to be pissed and Lauren is probably worried because I was gone more then and hour. I take a deep breath and open the door to the massive house. I keep my eyes on the floor as I enter. I feel a few pairs of eyes staring at me.