Chapter 28: Do I Like You?

I MIXED UP MY CHAPTERS! I'M SOOOOO SORRY! This is the chapter before! IM SOOOOOO SORRY!

“I like you Laur, as more then my best friend.”

Those words echo in my head. It’s been a few days since he confessed his feeling for me. I don’t know if I feel the same way. I mean I can’t help but smile every time I’m around him. When he hugs me I feel safe. I get butterflies in my stomach every time he complements me. When he holds my hand I get sparks. Crap. I don’t just like Kyle…

I’m in love with him…

~Dani’s POV~

Lauren’s been acting really weird lately. Ever since her best friend Kyle came over a few days ago she has been lost in thought. I’m guessing something he said made her think. I get pulled out of my thoughts as I feel my phone buzz

From Dork: Hey DaniBear! How are you?

I smile. I haven’t heard much from him since we found out the news our parents abandoned us…

To Dork: Hey Dork! I’m better then I was. J What’s up?

From Dork: missing your pretty face.

I smile and feel my cheeks burn red.

To Dork: haha. :p

From Dork: When can I see your pretty face again?

To Dork: I’m free today. J

From Dork: See you in five minutes green eyes! <3

I smile and head upstairs to change out of my Pjs. I change into a white T-shirt with a bat on it, black leggings, and a flannel tied around my waist and black converse high tops. I walk out of the room and into the bathroom. I apply a little mascara and eyeliner. I straighten my now red hair and brush my teeth. “Why are you all dressed up?” a raspy voice asks from the doorframe. I jump startled by her presence. “I can’t get dressed?” I ask her.

“Didn’t say that. I asked why you went all out?” she says smiling. “A friend is coming by.” I say walking out of the bathroom and downstairs with her following. “And does this friend happen to be a boy?” she asks and I freeze. She laughs. “So what if it is?” I ask crossing my arms over my chest. “Do you like him?” she asks. I stay silent. “You do!” she squeals. “Maybe a little bit.” I say. “Name.” she says. I look up into her current green eyes.

“Shane.” I say with a smile. “Age.” She says. “15 like me.” I answer. Before she can ask another question the doorbell rings. Thank god for now. I open the door and am immediately pulled into his embrace. I smile and hug him back. Taylor clears her throat and we pull apart. “Shane this is my older sister Taylor. Taylor this is my best friend Shane.” I say. Shane and Taylor shake hands. “Nice to finally meet you Taylor. This one over here doesn’t shut up about you sometimes.” Shane says. I smack his arm.

“Ouch. What it’s true.” He says. I roll my eyes and look at Taylor. She has an amused look on her face. “Well I need to ask you some questions. Be glad I’m the first sister you met. I’m the nicest out of her six older sisters,” She says with a smile. “Of course.” Shane says.

“Drink?” she asks

“No.”

“Smoke?”

“Never.”

“Plan on hurting my baby sister?” she asks.

“Never in my life. I will protect her from any harm.” He says. Taylor smiles. She looks into my eyes with her now blue ones. She hugs me and whispers, “He’s a keeper.” I smile. “Well I’m off to the skate park. Lauren is around here somewhere she’s in charge. Be good Waffle.” She says kissing my forehead before grabbing her long board and leaving the house. I look back at Shane. His short messy blonde hair, his ocean blue eyes, his smile, ugh! Everything about him makes my heart beat like crazy! “So what to you want to do Dork?” I ask him. “Anything you want princess.” He says and I smile at his nickname. We hang out outside lying on the trampoline.

“Hey Dan?” he says breaking the comfortable silence that fell upon us. “Yeah?” I say looking at the sky. “I have something to tell you but promise me it won’t ruin our friendship.” He says. I look at him. “Nothing you tell me will ever ruin our friendship. You mean too much to me to lose you.” I say. He takes a deep breath then looks at me in the eyes.

“I like you Dani. More then a best friend.” He says not taking his eyes off of me. I smile.

“I like you too Shane, a lot more then a best friend.” I say. A grin appears on his lips. I smile and look back up at the sky. This day couldn’t get any better.

So what'd you think?

Kyle & Lauren? Ship name!

Shane & Dani? Ship name!

Next chapter is called: Love Struck

What do you think will happen next?

8 Votes & I'll post the next chapter!

Love y'all! <3

-Kisses Taylor