Acceptance

Lucy entered the empty apartment as she looked around for her friend. Ever since the incident happened, she had always been worried about you. "Y/n? Where are you? We're supposed to meet up with the team to go on a job!" She called out even though she didn't receive an answer. When a piece of paper caught her eye on the kitchen table, she immediately walked over to the table and picked the note up. Her eyes widen slightly as she read the note to herself.

Dear Lucy,

I'm sorry if I disappeared. There are several things I want to deal with first. I assure you I'll be fine, so please don't worry about me. I know it's selfish of me to leave all of a sudden, but this is something I have to do on my own. Please don't tell the whole guild concerning why I left. I wanted to travel outside Mangoloia for a while, so please don't worry. I did not leave because of Gray because that is a cowardly move. I'm being a hypocrite right now, but I'll be back soon. Don't worry about me. Thank you for allowing me to stay with you. Thank you for everything.

With love,

Y/n L/n.

Lucy's coffee-colored eyes softened at your words. She was beginning to think about telling Gramps and the rest of the guild, but she also wanted to respect your wish. Crumpling the paper and throwing it into the trash bin, she sighed, running his fingers through her blonde hair.

"I'm going to get an earful if Gramps discovers Y/n is missing." She exhaled while she stepped out of her apartment again to meet with Natsu and the rest of the team.

Glancing at the sky-blue sky, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Please be safe, Y/n." She murmured. She was clinging to hope you would be alright. She knew you would be able to handle yourself, but she was also your best friend.

She was always going to worry about you, no matter how much you tried to reassure her. Once she stepped into the guild, she smiled at her team who greeted her. As much as she wanted to scold Gray for what he had done, it was best to pretend everything was fine.

She didn't want the others to worry about your even though it was not like her to keep secrets from her team. It was the only thing she could do to respect your wish. If you wanted to be alone, she would have to respect it.

~•~

Building a small house on Tenrou Island was not easy. You had to visit Mavis's grave to apologize to her for cutting down a few trees to build the structure of the house. As you washed your clothes in the river nearby, you wiped your forehead before tying your (long, short, medium-length, etc.) hair into a small bun.

It was better than nothing instead of dying because of the heat. Suddenly, you felt a presence nearby. As a small smile appeared on your lips, you looked over your shoulder, noticing that Zeref was watching you behind a decaying tree.

"I thought you were going to avoid me, Zeref." You announced before bringing your attention back to the stream to resume soaking your clothes. "I was curious about why you did not die from the curse. I apologize for trespassing." There he was going on about how he apologized. You took note that he apologized too much.

You realized he never had this much interaction with someone in years. You couldn't blame him for being cautious around you. "I don't know either. I guess it was fate that brought me here." You shrugged your shoulders before standing up, clenching your hands while spinning the shirt around to squeeze out the excess water.