The Hurtful Truth

AN: Please don't press play the song just yet! I will let you know when you guys will be able to play the song above at some point at the end of the chapter to let you get into the moment. Thank you!

~~~

Opening your eyes slowly, you looked up to see Zeref asleep beside you, his arm wrapped securely around your waist. Brushing a few strands of hair away from his eyes, you placed a kiss on his cheek. You secretly thanked his parents for creating such an adorable man like himself and Natsu. 

As soon as you pulled away, you saw the male open his eyes slowly to look up at you. "Good morning." A small yawn escaped his lips before sitting up to stretch his arms out. "Good morning, sleepyhead~" You giggled before sitting up as well only to notice that Zeref's toga was right on top of you.

Since the two of you decided to sleep in a cave in the Eastern forest of Magnolia, it was better than sleeping outside. "Zeref, you didn't have to give me your toga. You should've kept it for yourself." You smiled faintly as soon as you saw him rub the back of his neck nervously.

"I did not want you to be cold, that's all."

It warmed your heart to see how caring he was even when he knew you were an Ice Dragon Slayer. You were used to the cold as it didn't bother you anyway. You found it to be sweet that he would still let you sleep with his toga to use as a blanket.

Handing his toga back to him, you stood up to dust off your clothes since you did sleep on the ground last night. "I'm going to wash up in the stream nearby. You're welcome to join me~" You were satisfied with his flustered reaction. Oh, how you enjoyed teasing the poor easily-embarrassed man.

"Y-Y/n, don't s-say things like that!"

He blurted while you tried to hold yourself back from laughing your ass off. You covered your mouth with your hand as you wrapped your arm around your stomach. "S-Stop laughing at me o-or else I will ignore you for the rest of the day!" That was when you burst out laughing at his empty threat. You knew he wouldn't be able to ignore you for long. 

As soon as you give him the silent treatment, he would constantly ask you to give him attention. Once you calmed down from your laughing fit, you noticed Zeref sulking in a corner of the cave like a child.

How did this man steal your heart? You had no idea, but of course, you weren't complaining. You walked over to him and sat on your knees, wrapping your arms around his neck. You then rested your head on his shoulder. "I was teasing you, Zer. I'm sorry." You placed a gentle kiss on his neck, trying to hold back your laughter again when you heard him grumble under his breath.

"You know you love me, Zer. You can't deny that~" You sang teasingly before pulling yourself away from him to walk out of the cave. "I'll see you in a little bit." You giggled, exiting the cave as you strolled through the woods to find the stream you found not too long ago. As you scanned the area around you, you didn't catch any scents nearby, which was good.

As you quickly undressed, you immediately jumped into the stream without hesitation. Any normal person would've to regret skipping into a cold river, but to you, the cool water felt amazing against your skin. When you dove into the water and came right back up to the surface, you slicked your damp hair back.

You were thankful the water was deep enough to hide your body to your collarbone. "This feels amazing. I never want to leave this stream ever." You sighed in satisfaction, resting your back against a rock. You appreciated the silence this forest had to offer. For the first time, you felt you were at peace. You felt like you had nothing to worry about anymore. You didn't have to worry about Acnologia or anyone coming after you.