Proposal

You had no idea what plans the Empire had for you, that was for sure.

You were just a normal wizard in Fairy Tail, yet here you were! You were the lover of the Emperor of the Alvarez Empire! Already, you showed you were worthy of staying by Zeref's side when others doubted you in the Alvarez Empire. There were some members of the Spriggan 12 doubted you would never make a good ruler, so you decided to prove them wrong.

While Zeref was busy running the empire, you showed your worth by supporting the empire by his side. You also helped out the servants when you knew they needed help. You were the one to come up with strategies and plans whenever Zeref asked for your advice. It was amusing to see Invel annoyed when you came up with more approving judgment than him.

Eventually, you grew to be good friends with Christa and Anne until they introduced you to Sakura weeks earlier. When you first met her, she seemed to be bluntly honest, but you didn't mind that at all. You didn't want to pry too much in her life, after all. She looked like the type to be a private person when it came to talking about her life.

Once you spent time getting to know her, you became good friends with her. Of course, you were not as close to her as you were with Christa and Anne. It was better than not having any friends in a foreign nation. After all, you and Zerina were new to the Alvarez Empire.

It had been a couple of weeks since you had the time to visit Zeref. Both of you have been busy yourselves ever since you both had come to Alakitasia. Even the maids were gossiping about you and Zeref being married. Running a nation was never on your bucket list because you figured you would never have this kind of life.

As Sakura brushed your hair, you couldn't help, but stare at yourself in the mirror. There was silence between you and Sakura, as you didn't dare say a word. You appreciated she was doing your hair for you and picked out a dress for you, but you didn't know what to say to her. As soon as your (blue, brown, black. etc.) eyes came in contact with her light brownish eyes, you lowered your gaze to look at the ground.

"Do you not like the style of your hair, Milady?"

She asked, raising her eyebrow. She managed to make your hair seem innocent, yet beautiful at the same time. As a few strands of hair fell from your braid, decorated with small flowers, hung above your forehead, you shook your head in response.

To you, it was sudden that Zeref wanted to speak with you after weeks of being separated. You understood he had an empire to run since he was the one running the whole nation. You had to admit you missed seeing him. You missed being in his arms as he whispers nothing, but sweet compliments into your ear.

Even thinking about him made your heart throb with yearning. You wanted to be in his arms again and you didn't want to mess this up either. Who knows when you'll be able to see him again. To you, it felt you were selfish for wanting to be in your lover's arms again even when he was busy running an empire by himself. 

You missed him a lot. 

"I like it, Sakura. Thank you for picking out the dress and styling my hair. I appreciate it."

You reassured as you smiled at the pink-haired woman. You were grateful you were given clothing as well as friends who would style your hair as well. Being in the Empire had many rules you had to follow to present an exceptional impact on the people.