Regrets And Promises

As the morning sun peeked through the curtains, a small groan escaped your lips when the sunlight hit your face. "Zeref, close the curtains." You mumbled into your pillow, snuggling it until you realized that you were not home on Tenrou Island.

Opening your eyes, you quickly sat up as you looked around to look around your surroundings. Taking the hem of the curtain, you swung the curtain away only to realize you were back in Magnolia as soon as you looked out the window.

When you tried to remember how you got here, you winched in pain, holding your head to ignore the pounding in your head. "Damn it." You mumbled under your breath, swinging your legs over the bed as your bare feet met the cool white tiled ground. You noticed you were inside the infirmary.

How did you get here? You had no clue. Once you exited the infirmary, you walked downstairs into the guildhall just for everything to stop. There was no more music playing until everyone instantly shut their mouths when they noticed you walking down the stairs.

"You must have a lot of questions, Y/n. You also have a lot of explaining to do." You turned to look at Gramps when he was giving you an expression that informed you he was about to lecture you. "How long have I been asleep? Why am I back here in Magnolia if I didn't want to be found?" You questioned, dismissing your guildmates' whispering about your questions.

Already, this appeared to be similar to a trial. "It has been seven years since Acnologia caused the island to disappear. We were all able to survive because of the First Master's magic to save us all," Gramps explained. That made sense. Tenrou Island was a sacred place for Fairy tail and the resting place of Mavis Vermillion.

"You should've told us where you were going, Y/n. We have been worried sick! Why would you disappear without a trace?" There was a lump in your throat that almost felt suffocating to you. There was never a day you would think about Fairy Tail. You missed your friends dearly yet you wished to be with Zeref instead.

You knew they would never accept someone like him. It was selfish of you to choose a man you loved over your family. You neglected how your guildmates would respond if you disappeared. You let your love for Zeref deceive you but you nevertheless wanted to be with him. Zeref was the man you loved. As much as people believed your love for Zeref was not real, you spent a year with him. You accepted him for who he was and Zeref cherished you for who you were. The two of you had different opinions on humanity yet you managed to show him the beauty of the world he loathed.

Could greed change someone entirely? Was it selfish of you to go on your path? Was it selfish of you to choose the man you loved over your family when you knew they would never forgive him? 

"I wanted to find out why I became an Ice Dragon Slayer. I wanted to go on my path to find out who I am. Also, I found someone. I don't want to leave his side. I hope you understand my reasons, as selfish as they are."

You turned on your heel as you walked away from Gramps, ignoring the stares of your guildmates. You turned your back on your guild. The guild who took you in as a child. As selfish as this was, you knew it was difficult having to choose between your family and the man you loved.

As much as you were becoming independent, you didn't want to remove the guild's emblem. Fairy Tail was still apart of you and it shaped you into who you were now. "Even if seven years passed by, I have someone who is waiting for me. I would always think about you all, no matter what. Goodbye."