Sacrifice

The war had officially begun. 

As much as you tried your best to stop the fighting for both sides, it was all in vain. No matter how much you tried to convince both sides and tried to work things out, nobody didn't even bother to listen to you. Even when Christa, Anne, and Sakura decided to help you into this fight, you knew you couldn't do anything. Even now, you were powerless to stop the fighting. Now, you had to fight your friends and people since now peace wasn't an option between the two sides.

When Lucy saved your life during one of these battles, she convinced you to join her team. If you were not able to convince the Twelve to stop fighting, possibly you could convince Zeref to end this war. You knew of Zeref's connection to Mavis, so you also hoped she would get to him as well. As much as you didn't like the idea, you hoped Mavis would get to him and convince him to stop this senseless war.

"Milady, are you alright?"

Christa asked, placing your hand on your shoulder. You ended up deciding to join Fairy Tail in their battle. As you stared at the fire, you hugged your knees close to your chest, nodding in response. "I'm fine. What about you?" You asked, looking over to her with a small smile. You couldn't help but feel guilty because you took Christa away from Larcade.

You knew how she felt about him, yet you took her away from him. You were worried about Larcade was doing, especially during the war. "I'm sorry I took you away from Larcade. I know how special he is to you."

You apologized-- You were right, after all. All you did was take Christa away and involved your friends into this mess. You were selfish enough not to consider how your friends would feel fighting beside you. You understood Christa's relationship and love for Larcade this whole time.

You sensed her need to stay with the man she loved instead. All you did was take her away from him, and you didn't even have the chance to apologize. Now that the others were asleep around you, you thought this was the best time to apologize.

Everybody fought their best in the war. Even when you were injured as well, you were satisfied because you were still alive. As you run your fingers through Zerina's hair as she slept on your lap, you looked over to Christa to see what she would say.

You made sure Zerina was hidden from the battlefield. She didn't have enough magic and experience to fight against many opponents. All you could do was hide her and prevent her from getting hurt. Compared to you, she didn't have many bruises and cuts on her face as you did.

"Milady, you don't need to apologize. I understand how difficult this is for you. I don't blame you. I warned Larcade of this war, but he chose his side. The last thing I want is to fight him myself."

You could tell you and Christa were in the same position. Neither of you wanted to fight your lovers in this war. Both of you didn't want to lose anyone important to you. Christa laid heard head on your shoulder to get some sleep for the next day ahead. 

"You can go to him, Christa. I'm not going to stop you." You whispered loud enough for her to hear. You were thankful the others were asleep, so you would be able to tell her yourself.

After all, both you and Christa were supposed to be on watch just in case someone would ambush your team. Christa quickly pulled her head away from your shoulder as she stared at you as if you were crazy.