He's Home

When Zeref left to Ishgar a year before, you ran the empire by yourself. As Invel served you as your adviser, you proved to be quite a great ruler. You protected the empire from those who tried to cause trouble. 

Even when there were assassinations in your life, you managed to avoid those and find out who was responsible for trying to take your life. Just because you were a great ruler didn't mean you had your battles.

You were fierce on the battlefield as you tried to protect the empire from those who attempted to steal your position. If their plans didn't work, you sent some of the Spriggan 12 to clean up the mess. As you sat on your throne, Invel bowed to you even though you sensed his hatred for you. You were still alive because Invel was loyal to Zeref, and you were his wife.

"Your Imperial Highness, I have received word His Majesty will be returning to the empire soon. I see you are in good health."

A small sigh escaped your lips before standing up from your throne, walking down the steps as you walked past Invel. You could already feel his distaste for you. How could you be a strong ruler when you were a woman? What did Zeref see in you that was so special? Well, the evidence was right in front of him.

"Is that so? It has been a long time since I had seen my husband. Are you certain he will be home?"

You asked, looking over your shoulder. "Yes, Your Majesty," Invel answered as he bowed his head to you. Before you could answer back, a familiar scent caught your nose. You knew Gramps came to Alakitasia a year earlier to negotiate with Zeref.

Of course, you had always kept him company while you made sure his stay was comfortable. "You are dismissed, for now, Invel. I have business to attend to." You left the throne room and Invel behind to speak with Gramps yourself.

When he first came to Alakitasia, you welcomed him with open arms and introduced him to some members of the Spriggan 12. Once you reached the garden, you followed Gramps's scent until you came across him and Yajeel-- who was the Minister of the Alvarez Empire, were playing cards together.

When Yajeel noticed you, both he and Gramps paid their respects to you by bowing to you. "Your Majesty! Thank goodness, you are in good health!" Yajeel walked over to you and took your hands as he began to cry tears of happiness. At least you knew he cared about your well-being. You befriended Yajeel as well when his grandson began to show respect for you.

"Yajeel, there is no reason to be formal with me. I apologize for worrying you." You comforted with a kind smile before glancing over to Gramps. Ever since you were poisoned, you were lucky that Anne was with you to heal you. News of the incident spread around like wildfire as the people looked everywhere for the one who was responsible for poisoning you.

Zerina did her best to stay by your side and do everything she could to nurse you back to health. From feeding you to fetching you water, you appreciated that she did everything she could to help you recover. "I'm glad to see you're doing well, Y/n." Gramps smiled at you as well, bowing his head to you.

"Now, now. Both of you stop bowing your heads. You are dear friends of mine. There is no need for formalities."

You laughed as you smiled brightly at the two of them. Before any of you could say a word, you looked out the window when you saw your people cheering. Your eyes widen in shock when you saw Zeref walking into Vistarion. He was finally home after one year! As much as you wanted to show your excitement that your husband was home, you composed yourself. If only you were truly excited. As much as you missed Zeref, he had A LOT to explain.