Old Friends

A year passed by ever since you left Magnolia. You felt guilty for not coming back home, as you said in your note. You were beginning to regret telling Lucy that you would be on Tenrou Island. You wondered how she and Team Natsu were doing. You were worried about Natsu the most. He was the one who brought you into Fairy Tail. You grew up with him and loved him like he was your brother.

So much happened when you were living in isolation with Zeref. You learned how to hunt on your own as well as discovered a lot by reading the books in the run-down library near the house. You also learned more about Ice Dragon Slaying as well as a few spells.

As you stared out the window, you felt arms wrap around your waist. "Hello to you too, Zeref." You laughed, noticing the male hiding his face into your shoulder. "Hello." He murmured tiredly before glancing upwards to smile at you. "It was about time you got out of bed, sleepyhead~" You teased playfully only to hear a tiny whine coming from the male.

"You are cruel, Y/n. I do not sleep in late unlike yourself." Shaking your head, you giggled at his comment. "Me? Cruel? I am not in the slightest!" You dramatically gasped before spinning on your heel to face Zeref. Raising your hands, you cupped his cheeks only to squish them together gently. Tucking several strands of hair behind your ear, he lovingly smiled at you.

"You are beautiful, you know that?" He said, a tender smile appeared on his thin lips. The way he looked at you showed that he truly appreciated that you chose to stay with him. He was grateful for showing him kindness and affection after so many years of being alone. Oh, how he made you feel helpless.

His kind nature and humble personality attracted you to him. Not to mention that he was adorable as well. You knew how much he cared about you. Even when you would fall and accidentally scrape yourself, he would worry nonstop while asking if you were alright. Yes, he worried too much but you understood his responses to your actions.

You would constantly reassure him you were fine. You knew he was no monster. Rather, he was a lonely soul who carried the guilt of the curse. After learning his lesson years ago, Zeref couldn't help but fall in love with you, little by little as the two of you got to know each other better.

You were honest with him as you showed him the beauty of the world had to offer. The two of you were quite close. From strangers to best friends to lovers caused your relationship to blossom. How you both loved to wander the shoreline of the island as well as explore the rest of the island together. You accepted Zeref for the sins he committed in the past even though he continued to blame himself.

You were the one to make him understand he was not a bad person. Little by little, he was beginning to have control over his curse. It was better than nothing though. The progress itself was worth it because you encouraged Zeref. Your encouragement was his motivation to gain better control of the Ankhseram curse.

While you were bright and honest, you also had your insecurities. You could never bring yourself to hate humanity as well as your own family. You could never bring yourself to hate your parents either. Since they were not in your life, you found your family in Fairy Tail. Zeref was the one to tell you that you were gorgeous in his eyes when you doubted yourself. He was there to comfort you when you had nightmares. Zeref respected both your limits and judgments as well.

You thought it was selfish to choose a man you fell in love with over your family. Zeref was known as the Black Wizard. Even if you did bring him to Magnolia, he would not be accepted by Fairy Tail or anyone. Zeref still had a long way to go to forgive himself for the things he did in the past.