Strangers

Today was the last day to be in Crocus. After spending time with Zerina in the capital in the day, you were happy Fairy tail's luck was starting to change. As you walked in the city at night, you felt you were safe enough to go out for a walk. It was the perfect night to take a walk through the capital. At this time, everyone would be walking around the city or go to the bars. 

The flowers under the moonlight looked remarkably beautiful as well. You were a little upset that this would be your last day in Crocus before traveling to Alakitasia. Much to your disappointment, it would take ten days on a boat to reach the empire, you were going to have motion sickness during the trip.

When you noticed Gray walking by himself, you stopped right in your tracks. You didn't know what to do at the moment. As he walked closer to you, all you could do was ignore him and make your way back to the apartment. When you walked past him, you hoped he wouldn't notice you.

Speak of the devil.

"Thanks for coming to the games. I'm glad to see you're supporting us."

Gray spoke, looking over his shoulder when he noticed you flinch. He knew why you were quick to avoid him. After all, he was the one who cheated on you. He knew you didn't want to face him as the atmosphere grew tense.

"It was the least I could do after leaving Fairy Tail." 

You finally responded as you hugged yourself. No matter how many years passed by, you still couldn't bring yourself to talk with him. Even after growing up with him and Natsu, you couldn't bring yourself to even hold a conversation with him. You still couldn't forget what Gray did to you even though you forgave him. 

You finally faced the male. As much as seven years passed by, he hasn't changed one bit. "Mind taking a walk with me? It's been a while since we last talked." 

You were surprised by how calm he was. Then again, he was more reasonable than Natsu. You weren't far from the apartment so it wouldn't be much of a walk. Now you finally get to learn from his side of the story.

"Sure. I have to get going, so you can walk me home." You shrugged your shoulders before making your way to the apartment again, the Ice wizard following after you. "I'm surprised you're calm. I was expecting you to punch me or scream at me for what I did."

Gray walked beside you, tucking his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "I don't have any reason to yell at you. I forgive you for what you did, but I can't overlook it."

You wanted to make your point clear you were not mad at him at all. To him, Gray felt like he was walking beside a ticking time bomb. When those words came out of your mouth, he was caught by surprise.

"I wanted to say sorry for what I did. I didn't know what I was thinking. I'm glad I ran into you so I could apologize to you." 

Rolling your eyes playfully, you sighed as you shook your head. "Gray, I said it was fine. Honestly, I could care less. I moved on and you should too. We're not getting any younger." You joked, punching his shoulder gently. You felt like it was better to play around as it would make the atmosphere less uncomfortable.

"You haven't changed a lot." He laughed, smiling at you as if nothing happened, "You know, I'm going to miss seeing you around. I'm going to miss the jobs we go on while you and Natsu would mess around like dorks." You missed the times you would go on jobs with Team Natsu. You missed taunting Natsu of his motion sickness when you had your motion sickness.

There was a small part of your heart that missed Fairy Tail. No matter what, Fairy Tail would always be apart of you even when you left to go on your path. "I'm going to miss going on jobs with you guys. No matter where I go, Fairy Tail will always be in my heart. I hope you understand that, Gray."

Since tonight was your last day, you wanted to leave Crocus with no regrets. You were glad that you were able to talk with Gray even though you stopped holding a grudge against him. His heart belonged to somebody else, and so did your heart.

Your heart belonged to Zeref, and nobody else. As soon as you walked up to the door of the apartment, you looked over to Gray and smiled at him. You wanted to wish him luck on the Grand Magic Games. Sure, you weren't together anymore, but he was still your friend. You grew up with him and Natsu in Fairy Tail. Yes, you no longer had feelings for him, but you wanted to make it clear you supported him with the Grand Magic Games.

"Goodbye, Gray. I know you guys will win. Kick their butts for me." 

You winked at him before placing your hand on the door handle. As much as you wanted to say something else, you thought it was best to leave it there. Once you entered the apartment, you closed the door behind you. "Zeref? Zerina? Where are you guys-" You stopped yourself when you saw Zerina and Zeref laying down on the couch together?

Zerina laid on top of Zeref as she slept peacefully with her head on his chest with Zeref's arms wrapped around her. The sight of them sleeping warmed your heart nevertheless. As a loving smile grazed on your lips, you grabbed a blanket and placed it over them, bending your head down to kiss both of their foreheads.

When you laid down on the other couch beside them, you couldn't help but smile at them. Their relationship evolved into something beautiful. From Zeref, you sensed a feeling in him. He felt happy because he finally had a family. Sure, Zerina wasn't his flesh and blood, but he considered her as his daughter.

Resting your head against the pillow, you continued to smile at the two. As sleep began to take over you, that warm feeling your chest never left you. 

~•~

As soon as the three of you reached the docks, you already began having second thoughts. Luckily you told the landlord lady you were leaving in three days in advance. At least you didn't have to worry about paying the rent of the apartment anymore.

Even from looking at the boat, you were about to board, you began questioning your life choices. Was having motion sickness worth the ten-day journey to Alakitasia? Hell no! It seemed that Zeref caught on to your plan on escaping while he and Zerina weren't looking. Immediately, he gently grabbed onto the back of your shirt to prevent you from running.

"I love you, Y/n, but you must put up with your motion sickness. We have not even entered the boat." Oh, how you wanted to run for your life. Letting out a small childish whine, you waved your arms around as Zeref dragged you into the boat with Zerina following after you.

"I'm glad my suffering amuses you!" 

The next thing you knew, you were laying down on a bunk as you tried your best not to puke. Sure, you had powerful magic, but motion sickness will always be your weakness as the boat began moving. As Zerina patted your back in a way to comfort you, Zeref gave you a bucket.

Yes, he did feel bad for making you go on a boat, but it was the only way to travel to Alakitasia. "If there is a god up there, please end my suffering." You whined, burying your face into the pillow as your screams were muffled. Zerina looked over to Zeref as her look asked if you were okay.

"She'll be fine."

He mouthed, reassuring her with a small smile. When he reached his arm out, his hand as placed on the top of it. As he tangled your hair gently, he began rubbing your scalp in a way to apologize to you.

You were definitely going to strangle him as soon as you make it to Alakitasia

~~~

Edited: 06/20/2020