With You

A/N: The other part of the chapter doesn't happen in the anime/manga so I wanted to add a little bit of my idea into this for Larcade. I figured he deserved better than what happened to him, so please bear with me that I wanted to give him a good ending because he didn't deserve THAT. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter! 

~~~

Just as Anne was examining Natsu's temperature, she felt a shiver down her spine. When her heart began to hurt inside of her chest, Anne instantly clutched her shirt tightly as she tried to control her rapid heartbeat. As tears started to form in the corner s of her eyes, Sakura immediately rushed to Anne's side to comfort her. 

"Christa... She's gone..."

Anne whispered before covering her mouth with her hand, closing her eyes tightly as a single tear ran down her cheek. As soon as those words came out of her mouth, your eyes widen in shock. You began to regret letting her go because you told her to follow the man she loved. When Anne was escorted out of the room by Sakura, you stayed in the corner of the room to process Christa's death. You knew you should've listened to your gut feeling! You knew you should've done something to stop her from marching to her death.

At the end of the day, you couldn't see into the future. If you could look into the future, perhaps you would have a better chance at warning Christa of her death. Now that your friend was gone, you didn't want the others to see you cry. You held back your tears and decided you should be strong for her instead of crying over her death.

All you could do was remember the good memories you shared with her as well as your last moments. "Gray and Juvia will be okay, despite their serious external injuries. Juvia survived the ordeal thanks to Wendy."

A breath of relief escaped your lips when Porlyusica checked their injuries. You couldn't help yourself but look at both Gray and Juvia. Despite what happened years ago, you've learned to forgive Juvia as well as Gray. At least, now they were safe and alive from fighting Invel. 

As Porlyusica and the others discussed Natsu's injuries, both Sakura and Anne came out of the room after comforting each other. Before you could reach out to them, Anne's eyes widen in shock before looking at Natsu.

"I can't sense any life in him anymore," Anne whispered before rushing to Natsu's side in an attempt to save him from his fate. No matter how much magic she used, she couldn't bring Natsu back to life. "Sakura. Anne. Find Kagura's team. We will take care of things here." At first, Sakura hesitated before nodding in response, taking Anne's hand to run out the door. When the girls ran out the door, you rushed to Natsu's side, taking your hand in his.

"C'mon, you pyro idiot. Don't give up on me."

Even when it has been a while since you last saw him, you still considered Natsu to be your little brother. Even when your face didn't look like it, you were panicking like the rest because you didn't want to lose Natsu either. Even when he was an idiot, he was the first person to take you into Fairy Tail. After years of growing up together, you didn't want to lose your best friend.

"Lucy! Take off your clothes. This is our last chance to bring his temperature to normal." If only you had the right time to laugh at Lucy's shocked response. Porlyusica was right, after all. You also noticed that Natsu's temperature was dropping like crazy. You knew he wouldn't survive much longer if his temperature was at this level.