Forgiveness

When you opened your eyes slowly, the light from the sun almost blinded you when you heard many voices around you asking if you were alright. Once your vision cleared, you saw Zerina above you, her blue eyes filled with tears as she stared down at you with relief and happiness.

"Big sis! I'm so glad you're okay!"

She shouted, wrapping her arms around you and buried her face into the crook of your neck, sobbing into your chest. You were too tired to ask questions because you had no clue what happened after you fell to the ground from exhaustion. As you lifted your hand, you placed it on the top of her head, running your fingers through her blue hair.

"I'm home..." 

You wondered if Zeref was alright. You didn't know what happened to him after you were transported to Acnologia's dimension to fight him one last time. As your [e/c] eyes stared at the azure sky above you, you couldn't help but smile because you felt this weight was lifted off your shoulders. You already made up your mind. You wanted to be with Zeref... but if he was not with you anymore, you would rise to become Queen of the Dragons. 

After the fight with Natsu ended, Zeref laid there on the ground of the guild. When he noticed Mavis towering above him, Zeref continued to stare at the ceiling. "I can't move at all. Have I lost it? Natsu is something. But he's also naive. I will always come back to life. In just a few minutes, I'll heal..."

He whispered before closing his eyes. He knew you had also won the fight with Acnologia, as he could no longer sense Acnologia's power. Zeref felt like an idiot for not listening to you when you were right about him losing to Fairy Tail. Now he realized that he had given up everything to gain power. As a small sigh escaped his lips, he covered his eyes with his arm as Mavis stared at him with pity.

"Do you think Y/n would forgive me, Mavis? She was right, and I refused to listen to her. I feel like an idiot... No, I am an idiot. I lost the one person that was precious to me." Mavis opened her mouth to speak when she saw Zeref's pathetic state, as she felt pity for the man.

"Zeref, you've put my friends through so much pain and agony. I can never forgive you for that. As Fairy Tail's first guild master, as one who has valued tightly-kin bonds over blood, I want to get rid of you right this instant."

Mavis wasn't joking around when she said that she wanted to get rid of Zeref. Indeed, she was angry that Zeref hurt her friends that were through much pain during this war. But Mavis could tell how much you loved Zeref when she first spoke to you. She sensed in your heart was filled with love and devotion to Zeref.

Mavis knew how much Zeref loved you even when power corrupted him to get rid of Acnologia. His love could not hold any excuses for hurting you and the Fairy tail because of his greed. It seems that greed could change a person entirely when they didn't want to in the first place.

"Y/n is something else. You should've thought about her before going through this war. I know she was torn between you and Fairy Tail, so she had to make a decision." Mavis sighed before sitting beside Zeref's side and took his hand to comfort him.

"I need to make it up to her. Now that Acnologia is free, I've made up my mind. I shouldn't have betrayed her like that... and I doubt she would forgive me that easily. I love her Mavis, and I know I'm not a good man for her. Even when she deserves someone better than me, I planned on having her by my side until she had aged. I don't think I'll rest in peace if I don't go to her."