Chapter 5

(If you're against abortion no hate please, I'm against it too.)

"Yeah and I'm gay, You know this isn't the first time I've heard this." Ronnie said. "No Ronnie I'm really pregnant." Melody cried Ronnie's face fell and he became serious, "Melody, we can't keep it. I'm only protecting you, i'm going to leave. I actually really like you and I don't wanna mess you up." Melody sighed and looked at Ronnie, "Abortion?" Ronnie looked back at her and nodded. Melody let a few tears fall, "Drive me to the clinic.." She whispered. Ronnie did what she said and fifteen minutes later they were at the free clinic.

"Melody, we tested you for pregnancy. You're indeed pregnant, are you sure about abortion? You have other choices." The nurse said as she sat down. "I'm positive it's the best thing right now." The nurse nodded, "Alright, well since you're only a month in, I recommend you use the RU486 pill. It's a brand name Mifeprex, now you'll have to come back three times within the next seventeen days, the third appointment we'll check you again and if necessary we'll give you a dose of Misoprostol; and that will seal the deal." Melody nodded, "Alright, I understand." Melody then was handed three pills and a glass of water that she took, not wanting to but knowing she had to.

"You're appointment is set for Tuesday at one, make sure you rest and take pain medication." The nurse said as she led Melody out. Melody nodded and walked out to Ronnie's car. "So you did it?" he said. "Yeah, but i have to come back in two days to see if it worked. If it didn't i'll get more medication and the baby should be gone but I'll have to come one more time after that." Ronnie nodded and started up the car and headed to his apartment. When they got there Melody noticed Max was there, "We live together." Ronnie explained. Melody nodded and sat on the couch beside Max. "You got kicked out huh? What'd you do?" Melody looked at Ronnie, "Got caught sneaking out." He answered for her. "Oh damn, well it's gonna be fun having you."

Tow hours later Melody was on the couch holding her stomach practically crying. "Melody are you okay?" Ronnie asked. Melody looked at him with tears brim her eyes, "No, but I will be." Ronnie nodded and sat down laying Melody's feet on his lap, "I'm sorry." He said. "It's okay." Melody winced. "Melody no it's not, but i know a way to make the pain go away." Melody looked at Ronnie, "I'll do anything take anything i just want it to stop." Ronnie nodded and got up. He walked back in the living room with a baggy and rolling papers. "I'm not sure how effective this will be for your first time but this is the strongest stuff i've got. "Pot?" Melody asked, "Bingo." Ronnie rolled Melody up a joint and handed it to her along with a lighter. Melanie sat up as best as she could and lit it. "Don't inhale too long do short puffs and hold it in for a few seconds at first." Melody nodded and did what he said.

By this time Melody was passed out on the couch next to Ronnie and now Max. "So why exactly did you let her smoke our good pot?" Max said. "Max... I didn't really wanna tell you but you're my best friend..I got Melody pregnant and she's going through an abortion pill side effects which actually kills the fetus. So yeah she was in pain i helped." "Dude isn't she like the second chick you've gotten pregnant?" Max asked. Ronnie sighed and nodded. "You need to learn what i condom is." Ronnie laughed and flipped him off. Max put his hands up in surrender, "I'm just telling the truth." Melody groaned and opened her eyes slowly but then all of once when she felt wetness. "Ronnie." She whispered. "Yeah?" He asked. "We forgot to buy pads, one of the side effects is bleeding." Ronnie's eyes widened in realization, "Shit, stay right there! I'll go get some!" he said standing up, grabbing his car keys and running out of the door. Max laughed, "Fuck man I've never seen him care this much about a girl." Max make yourself useful and roll me a blunt, the cramps are coming back." Max glared at Melody and sighed and mumbled, "He's creating a monster."