Chapter 6

Weeks had passed and Melody was still living with Ronnie and Max. Despite the pains going away Melody was now doing hardcore drugs, "Melody!" Ronnie yelled from the kitchen. "What?" She asked as she walked in seeing Ronnie by the counter. "I have to go somewhere soon." Melody laughed, "Okay?" Ronnie pointed at the counter, "Oh look it's snowing." She laughs at her tattooed black haired boyfriend's joke before she leans over and snorts up the line of cocaine he had put out.

Ronnie leaned in and kissed Melody, "I'll be back." Melody nodded and waved at him as he walked out of the door. Melody sighed and watched TV as her high slowly made her fall asleep. Two hours later Melody was scared awake by Ronnie screaming, "Ronnie what the fuck?" She yelled. "Well lets just say i'm screwed." She said as he sat down next to her, "What happened?" Ronnie never answered her, he just sat back and ignored her questions.

In fact, Melody would probably never get the answers she was looking for because Ronnie disappeared. Along with the rest of his band, she never heard from them again, she was forced to move out and beg her parents for a place to stay. They don't know about her addiction she hides it well. Melody was sitting in her living room flipping through the channels when she heard a familiar name, "Ronald Radke was found guilty for his role in the death of..." She turned off the TV and sat there in shock. It's been more than a month since she's seen Ronnie, or any of his band for that matter. She knows Max abandoned the apartment and made someone pretend to kick her out so he could come back home without her being there. She hurried and slipped on her shoes and left the house heading to Max's apartment.

She pounded on the door hearing foot steps as she stopped nodding. "Wha-- Melody." Max said. "What the fuck is this shit i'm hearing about Ronnie?" Max smirked. "He was involved in something he shouldn't have been because of you." Melody backed up in shock. "No this is in no way my fault. How long is he in for?" She asked. "two years." Melody felt tears forming in her eyes. "you should leave, i don't want to get arrested too." Max said slamming the door in her face leaving her in shock. She walked back home slowly taking in the information she just learned, could it really be her fault? There was no way to find out, Ronnie couldn't tell her.

"Melody? What's wrong? Where were you?" Her mom panicked noticing Melody sobbing as she walking through the door. "I'm fine mom." She pushed out. "No you're not." Her mom answered. "Is this about this Ronnie guy? Sweetie he's an addict. I just watched the segment." "Mom just, just leave me alone." Her mom sighed and gave up, she knew if she pried anymore Melody would get angry. Melody sat in her room looking at pictures she took with and of Ronnie that were on her phone. She smiled a little, but cried as she did. She missed him, she wanted to know the truth..