Chapter 24

Melody sat on the couch with her laptop on the table with skype open, she was talking to Crissy. "It's so empty without him being here." Melody said. Crissy looked at her with a sad look in her eyes. "How did he take it?" She asked. Melody sighed. "Well, but he was holding back..I'm so worried right now..He's never been away from me for this long." Melody choked back tears. "Oh my gosh Melody, I'm so sorry.. We're going to fix this okay? You have so many people behind you.. Sweetie i know you don't wanna do it but i think it's time to tell you your mom about Aidan... She can help you.." melody wiped her tears and nodded to show Crissy she was listening. "Go pop in a movie get some hot chocolate and calm down.. I'll be there in a week, also tomorrow call your mom." Melody and Crissy said good bye and melody did what Crissy said. She put in Corpse Bride and made herself some hot cocoa with marshmallows. She watched the movie and realized it her movie choice was a bad one. She remembered why she never watched it anymore; Jacky... She remembered how perfect everything would have been, but she wouldn't have had her son. So she was grateful for the way things turned out. She was going to fight for Aidan, he's hers she's always been hers.

Melody woke up on the couch with the menu of Corpse bride playing. Her eyes felt heavy because of crying the night before. she sighed and realized it was time to tell her mom about her son. She picked up her cell phone and dialed her moms number, after three rings her mom picked up. "Melody? Is everything okay?" Her mom asked. "Uh yeah mom, The reason you haven't heard much from me or seen me much in these last four years is because i had a baby four years ago. His father took him away from me and I need help mom. I need you, please help me." Melody was crying at this point. The line was quiet for a few minutes, "Where are you?" Her mom asked. "LA.." Melody answered. "Okay i'm coming as soon as possible..Text me your address. " Melody sucked in a breath "Okay." She said before hanging up.

"Oh my goodness sweet heart." Melody's mom said as she looked at pictures of her grandson. "Why didn't you tell me as soon as you fell pregnant. I would have helped you." Melody sighed. "I didn't need help though mom...But i do now... He's trying to take my baby from me and i didn't do anything wrong..I've been sober for years mom." Melody cried. "I'll call the lawyer and we'll figure something out.. What did the man say exactly?" Melody sighed and told her mom what the man said. "You've been seeing Ronnie again?" Melody nodded, "Yeah but he's sober too. He's been sober longer than I have. He doesn't even live her anymore mom. Plus about the violent past thing i don't know where they're getting that.." Melody's mom sighed. "I don't know sweet heart but we'll figure it out."